Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

drying buds

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Zlideways, Mar 11, 2009.

1. i googled the fastest way to dry some fresh buds and came up with this from a different smoking board

You also may dry your weed in the microwave... any amount of time shorter than 5 min will not do any harm to the weed's potency. In fact, curing the weed increases its potency. The only difference is that your weed may become crispy and burn faster, but what you may lose in taste, you CERTAINLY will gain in potency... i would suggest to heat some 30 seconds, then see if its dry enough, if not, heat more 30 seconds, until its dry.

they said it worked but i was wondering if it would make my microwave smell like dank?

2. I got some moist buds about a month ago and wasn't 100% on what to do to dry em. I also read that exact article you read but didn't really trust putting my bud in a microwave. I ended up just leaving the eighth in my desk ( big and dark inside) and after acouple days it was fine.I think the smell would depend on how strong of a smell your bud has and how strong your microwave is.

3. No, put it in the oven, 230 degrees, 20 min, watch and turn with fingers until touch crisp. The wave kills it dude.:D

4. thanks for the replys my main concern about putting it the oven or microwave is its really smelly bud and i cant stink up my whole house so would putting in the oven be fine?

also would i put it on a cookie sheet or just lay it on some foil?

5. i dried some shit in the micro before it just smelled like chinese food for some reason and my whole kitchen stank like chinese i dried like 2 grams it was odd, and the weed wasnt that good it was too crisp from the micro and burned fast as hell

6. ok thanks wont be doing the microwave idea cant ruin this dank btw its atleast 1/4 oz

7. just have some patience and air dry it. its not worth ruining it.

8. my buddy tried to dry some bud in a microwave before. It started to krackle after like 10 seconds and the whole house smelled like dank. I wouldnt risk it.