Drying buds OutDoors?? (Very hot and humid weather)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by growinpot, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Lol :D for his situation where money isnt a problem and smell / location is, I think it's worth it for him to buy the container with the carbon filter on it, but he probably doesn't have a sweet roof top grow in Spain like someone I know :p

2. Im guna put them in a shoe box with laudrey sheets with a fan blowing near the buds in my Separate House were our 2 house cleaners live.. If My parents smell it the maids will be fired haha :rolleyes:

3. Ok, take a cardboard box, put fishing line across, 2 inches from the top and spread them out about 1.5 inches. Then go buy a moisture absorber from walmart and buy a odor absorber as well. Then buy a small 5 inch fan. Then pub the fan, and absorbers In there and voilà.

4. Thanks fortys!

5. Do you have an attic on your side of the house?
    If you do it might be worth considering.
    They might be less detectable there.
    Good Luck!

6. sorry to post this question on your post but i didnt wanna start my own thread for this..

i have a wooden (looks like a dog house) that we used when we had chickens.
    could i hang the buds up in there and do the curing in jars there? because indoors is not an option:/

7. Depends on your climate. If you have frosts in october then it's a no go. If it's not frosting but it's very humid ( Florida) then it's a no go. But if it's warm and not humid then yes you can

8. An attic would be too hot and humid which would cause mold

9. well im in virginia so its not humid and we mayy have frosts in october but im still unsuree.
    i just read that growing season in va usually ends in the later half of oct. so you think its okay? also depends on the harvest time right

10. Yes of course you are right.
    I was going to suggest getting an air purifier with humidity control
    Since he said money is no object.
    We have the exact same coastal weather conditions.
    I used my attic once. I put two small air purifiers with humidity control.
    They take out odors and dehumidify the air.
    They put out cool clean air and are very quiet.
    They start at about fifty dollars.
    Worked for me when there was no other choice.
    I might have just gotten lucky.
    :)

11. Thanks guys

12. Seeing that ( depending on the strain) you finish mid October so by the time you clipped out the leaves from the buds it would probaby be too late and the frost would fuck your shit up

Boy do I miss living in Cali. I only lived there for like a year an a half with my friend but damn it was amazing

13. Yeah, no shit a do not disturb sign will keep them out , But I/ve never seen smell stay confined into one room . If your drying your buds , the smell will permeate and stink the whole place up. Then you are into trouble. the cabin idea sounds ok, that mighty not be a bad idea. Now I've heard of people buying a food dehydrator and drying their buds quickly like that, I dont know if this compromises quality or not. I just have friends who claimed to do it and the smoke was good. What you might lack I would think is taste. The reason I am saying the dehydrator , yeah you still have the space problem right, no , if you have a vehicel take your vehicle out remote place get one of those adpters for your cigarette lighter to plug an regular electrical plug into, and you could do it quickly maybe not set it too high or leave it too long get the majority of moisture out then stick em in jars to cure. A suggestion only I HAVE NEVER TRIED THIS.

14. In Orlando, it's way too humid man do you have some sort of big box you can get and put a little elbow grease in to make it a nifty dry room?

15. Ok so I live in Florida too, but in the panhandle area. I was wondering if I hang the buds outside on my back porch in the shade during the day and then put them in my closet in the evening if they should be ok? Also, how do you tell when they are dry enough to cure without molding?

16. #38 Norcali, Apr 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2012
  17. Use a slanted tarp attached on shrubs. Place several wires under the tarp. Hook on your mj and let dry. Even if humid, it will work as there will be air flow and protection from rains. Dry time depends.

18. You will only be able to "dry" the smoke. You dont have any capacity to "cure" it. To dry it, remove the bud material completely from the stems as the stems take much much longer to dry. The vegative material by itself will dry very quickly in the hot sun.

In fact the buds may become brittle in which you would have to wait for evening when air moisture increased and the buds loose some of the brittleness.

1 lb of buds placed in a car in the sun with the windows rolled up will be completely dry in 5-6 hrs.