Drying Bud

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DuTaz, Feb 9, 2003.

1. Real soon i will have to cut and dry my plants. What I would like to know by many of you, What's the best way of drying, And the fastest without messing up the buds?

this is my first time and I have never done this so It would be nice to see how you all do it

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. At harvest-time all you have to do is cut the plant as low as possible and hang the whole thing upside down to dry on a line. The room you use to dry should be the about the same size you grew in (if not the same room). The humidity should remain a constant 50-60%. Too high and buds will mold, too low and they dry too fast and taste bad. Temperature should be around 65-68 degrees, wherever possible. Make sure the room is dark, as light degrades THC. Make sure you hang the plants so that they do not touch each other (invites mold). With constant temp and humidity, the plants should be ready for manicuring in 3-4 weeks. At this time trim colas from the main stalk, and trim large and medium fan leaves (save them for making hash), leaving most of the smaller leaves sticking out of the bud in tact. Hang them up again and for a day or two, until 'popcorn' dry. The stems should snap when you bend them, and the bud should be dry, but not brittle.

3. hey that's exactly how i do mine...in fact that passage of text looks familiar...lol....Peace out...Sid

4. hey has anyone used the "paper bag method"? i found it here: http://www.overgrow.com/faq/1364 even anyone has can u tell me if its a good way to dry ure buds or not... i think i might try it out and get bak to ya....

peace

5. lol, yep, I have good sources ;)

6. ditto, i actually use my friends barn, which has a tobacco drying room in it, so it works out great, since we grow on his farm and shit...

7. how do you get the humidity in there. im planning to do the same in my closet but how do you keep up the humidity level. oh yea and im growing out doors.

8. you should keep the humidity relatively low. around 40% roughly i think. A fan blowing towards them should help. So will an open window on a dry day. Maybe a dehumidifier if you have a large amount.

9. You're a little over 4 months late.

10. Your clock is 3 years and 8 months slow.;)

11. Hahahaha...now you know this is a stoner forum.

12. Fuck, dude, I meant years.

13. ....Dude Michael Jackson... is dead!!!