Drying bud with a light

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by weshawk5, May 24, 2010.

1. I have 2oz of some dank that have been picked and are drying.. they have been hanging for a little over two weeks and i just started curing them. I took a bud and tryed drying it by putting it 2inches away from a 60watt incandescent for like 10 minutes. It was really dry but suprisingly enough i barley got a buzz. How much does light degrade THC off buds? Im guessing the buds will be wayyyyyy more potent if i just let them cure? its my first time growing my own weed btw.

2. by now you should be curing them in glass jars in a cool dark place..
    You probably burnt the thc with that bulb, search curing methods, there are tons of threads...

3. light is awful for potency, as is heat. Dry them in a well-ventilated, cool dark place.

4. forsure iv been curing them for the past couple days in a jar.. im just hoping i get wayyyy more stoned when i take them out in a week than i did tonight.

5. this makes no sense at all ..

"I have 2oz of some dank that have been picked and are drying.. they have been hanging for a little over two weeks and i just started curing them."

then ..

" I took a bud and tryed drying it by putting it 2inches away from a 60watt incandescent for like 10 minutes. It was really dry but suprisingly enough i barley got a buzz."

what do you mean you tried drying it ?
    if its been hanging for 2 weeks, its dry enough to smoke.

why would u take it out of a jar, and try to dry an already dry piece of bud?
    doesnt make sense at alllll.

6. I like this dudes videos and he gives you a good little tutorial starting with this vid. Good luck with your stuff. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCKp9s88nbA&feature=channel"]YouTube - Blue Dream Cannabis Grow Part 42[/ame]

7. na they def are not dry enough to smoke after being hung for 2 weeks.. stems don't snap, i can feel moisture on them.. they need to be cured.

8. where are you hanging them dude ?
    2 weeks ? 14 days ? they should be waaaay dry.

9. tied a string to each bud and tied them to a hanger and hung it in my closet... idk its pretty lame.. its even more lame im not getting stoned from bud i just grew.. hmm hopefully it will dry and il get high once its been cured for a week.

10. Did you watch the vid I posted? I know he isn't the grow king but he seems to know his shit and gives really good tips throughout his grows. Did you have air circulating in your closet or was it just still and dark?

11. First off, if bud isn't dry, curing will only lead to mold and mildew. You need to find somewhere that isn't very humid that you can hang up your buds so they aren't touching and still get good airflow around them. Then they will dry.

Then curing will even out the moisture taking it from the stems and redistributing the water to the rest of the bud making it sticky and icky again. Also, your THC is breaking down into a different form of THC that is more potent as well as CBN and other cannabanoids that will make your high last longer, and as if that wasn't enough, your terpenes will form polyturpenes making your bud taste better and smell better.

So yeah. Dry it properly and cure it properly, you'll thank yourself. Guide to both.

12. Thanks for both of those guides and that useful info.
    and thanks for the video. After watching it i realize i didn't have any airflow circulating throughout my closet. thanks and +rep to both.

13. + im gonna try the brown bag thing tomorrow