Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Drying bud not smelling like bud

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by TejasBoi, Oct 26, 2013.

1. So I'm currently drying my harvest in my closet and it's not smelling like I thought it would. Is this normal? It's only been drying for 2 days so it's still kinda wet. Will the smell come out more once it's dry? Or after a cure? Any help would be nice

Nah I don't do drugs. I smoke weed.

2. You need to let it dry about a week and then get it in jars or bags and cure it for 3+ weeks.  If not it will smell and taste like lawn or hay.

3. So this smell is normal? Thanks for the info. I was getting scared for a bit. When I was growing it smelled like bud but when it's drying it just smells like a normal plant.

Nah I don't do drugs. I smoke weed.

4. Yep - normal.  Even the best of bud can smell like hay if it's not dried and cured properly.  There's info on it in the growers section.

5. have this problem myself. got all aspects of my grow down, except this. even after 5+ weeks in jars, it's still meh. the high is great but flavor is not there. gonna work really hard next harvest to ensure the highest quality