Drying bud in Attic?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Dead Man Toker, Sep 28, 2012.

1. So I was planning on drying my bud in my inside a cardboard box with a small fan. Do you guys think it will work well?
    It is currently 92 degrees with 31 percent humidity inside the attic.

2. Yea that sounds good. Too hot and to dry but the conditions should do. Only thing I would be concerned about is the mold and mildew up there. How does it smell?

3. Well it smells like dust tbh.

Its not a attic where you store things just has my heater and a bunch of insulation.

4. #4 RooRgle, Sep 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2012
    DONT DO THAT....

An attic has insulation...which should NEVER be around plants you plan on smoking. Imagine if some insulation just managed to touch that bud...small shards of glass you can't see on your bud....I hooked up insulated ducting in my grow tent (plants weren't in there obviously), I could feel the glass on my hands, arms, legs, face, mouth...that shit gets EVERYWHERE...

AND 93 degrees?!?!?!? You don't even grow in temps that high, not unless you have a strain designed for high heat environment. Even then that temp for drying is WAYY too hot. 63-75 degrees is optimal drying conditions.

I've heard of people dry in their barn with those temps and it comes out smelling very grassy. It took months to grow, might as well dry it properly with air oscillating over the hanging colas to keep mold away, imho this is the way to go if you have the resources, also DARK...any light that touches the weed will degrade the THC. Good luck :bongin:

5. I think it would be suitable enough ,not the most perfect ;however, it will do. But he is right if there is opened insulation in the room i would keep it away from the buds because that fiberglass is a bitch. Remember that you don't necessarily need professional atmosphere to dry them. I mean you can dry plants really anywhere as long as the moisture isn't too high. Doesn't mean it wont affect the overall quality but it will still be good smoke