Drying box

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by SmokesTheGreat, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Made a box for drying my herb. I cut 4 holes and put 2 layers of flyscreen( inside and outside), sealed the cover with a rubber gasket and added a computer fan surrounded with fly screen. And just a string to hang with stuff on.

Attached Files:

2. cool dry box and should get the job done. If it was mine to do, when the buds reach the stage where they are dry make sure you cure them in glass jars. I do not trust theplastic manufacturers anywhere. Plastic always releases chemical smells. Have you ever smell a tote after it has been closed up? But I really think if you watch it closely you can do a good job drying only in your setup.

3. [quote name='"sarscarab"']cool dry box and should get the job done. If it was mine to do, when the buds reach the stage where they are dry make sure you cure them in glass jars. I do not trust theplastic manufacturers anywhere. Plastic always releases chemical smells. Have you ever smell a tote after it has been closed up? But I really think if you watch it closely you can do a good job drying only in your setup.[/quote]

I already have around 20 mason jars. How long will it take to cure?

4. Tge rule of thumb is about 3 weeks for a good cure. You can smoke it anytime after it dries. Check out the Harvest forum for exacts. That's where i learned.
    Some blades cure for months.

The basics, put the bud in the jars and them take the lid off for 15 minutes a couple of time a day during the first week. Watchout for any moisture. Do not let it accumulate.

Starting week 2 open the jars up for about 15 minutes every other or 3rd day. Same process.

From there on out open the jars once a week for about 15 minute.

After 6 or 7 weeks no more opening is necessary. What you are trying to do is let the buds dry very very slowly without any oxygen. This causes a chemical reaction in the material. Buds develop their flavor etc. Opening the jars up lets the moisture excape so that mold does not start.

Be sure to check out the harvest forum here on GC. Awesome information, helpful people, and fun to read.

Good luck