Drying and curing

Discussion in 'General' started by ZEROBS, Jan 16, 2019.

1. hi, I would like to start a thread on how each person dries and cures their marijuana. The whole process! I’ve read a lot about it online, I feel there is many more ways/methods people use that you won’t find on any website. In doing so I’m hoping to use the information and come up with my own method that works for me and my situation...

2. i trim the buds all of the way, after that, cut and remove from the branches.. next, hang them in a cool'ish, dark room, not in the grow room with lights on..
    hang until buds feel dry to the touch on the outside.. obviously this amount of time will vary dependent on where you live.. drier areas will dry faster of course, and damper areas slower.. just stating the obvious, so it's hard to give an exact time frame on how long to hang them..
    next, once the buds feel dry to the touch on the outside, into the jars they go.. some people like to wait until the stems snap instead of bend, but i feel they're too dry at this point.. just my humble opinion..
    once into jars, the first few days are important.. after a few hours into the jars, open them up and check on the buds as they'll sweat from the inside out.. if they were too wet going in, now's the chance to catch it.. check the buds, and if they no longer feel dry to the touch on the outside, i dump them out of the jars and let them air dry until they feel dry to the touch again.. if they still feel dry, just leave the lid open for a good 10 minutes or so at a time.. you can move them around if you want, but moving them can knock off trics, so be gentle with them..
    continue to open them a few times a day for a good week, 10 days or so'ish.. you'll get a feel for when you don't need to open them and "burp" them as often by how the buds are feeling as well as the smell coming from the jars.. after that time frame, you can open them like once a day or so..
    i think it takes a minimal of about 18 days in jars and doing the burping regular for the first 10 days or so for the flavor and smell to get locked in.. of course the longer, to a point, in the jars, the better.. a lot of people like a good month or so in jars .. if you can keep your hands out of them for that long and not smoke it, i say try for at least a month cure time..