Drying and Curing questions...

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by ripterr, Jan 21, 2010.

1. I several months I will have to dry a bunch of dankkk outside... im drying like 5 lbs so im trying to figure out a good way to do it outside in the woods by where im growing... it is south texas so its pretty hot....

1. Would using tarp or a tent and making it light proof work? or would it be to hot and force the buds to dry to quickly degrading the quality?

and my other question about curing:

2. Since I have so much, what is something big that i can cure in? Obviously I wont have enough mason jars... would plastic containters/buckets work? I heard plastic degrades the THC some...maybe if I wrap the insides in aluminum foil or another material that would somehow help?????

Any input is much appreciated...

fyi this is high grade sensamilla that im growing...

gunna smoke it all myself over the next 6 months when im done lmao

2. Any help with this?

3. Hello?? lmaooo I thought this place was full of botanists??? :smoking:

4. i would haul it to a safe place, little by little if needed. and do the job right, on the inside. just my 2 cents.

5. Honestly I have never heard of curing that much outside. Its always done inside. Thats a good question. Sorry i cant help you there, but I would be interested in what the experts say...

6. I think you can cure larger amounts of ganja in zip locks. Get the large size bags and make sure to roll all the air out (well as much as you can) before storing for the cure.

I think you treat them just like mason jars (in that they need to be aired out and rotated etc.) Saw this on a couple of grow videos I've been watching.

7. Really? but wont the zip locs,even without any air,degrade the THC some?

8. Well it's not the ideal setup, so I suppose there may be some more degradation as opposed to the glass jars.... but you work with what you got.:rolleyes:

If it is for personal then I would just bite the bullet and buy the glass jars in bulk and cure it properly, otherwise the zippys should do.

9. use a unplugged fridge or deep freezer as your container.

10. Rubbermaid plastics make huge rectangle bins with lids if the harvest is that big use huge rubbermaid sealable flats, about 10-15" deep and about 4 ft long and it has wheels for mobility maybe under the bed curing. Peace- N- GooD LucK