Drying and Curing Dilemma

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Sugaree420, Dec 10, 2019.

?

How to deal with an absence at this critical juncture?

1. Harvest next week, dry for 18 days and hope for the best

100.0%
  2. Harvest now, dry for 7-8 days and cure without burping for 18 days

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Harvest now, dry 7-8 days, then into the freezer for a couple of weeks.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. IMG_8315.jpeg Greetings!

My first DWC grow (actually my first grow of any kind) is almost ready for harvest, I think. I say I think because the trichomes don't look really amber under the microscope, but the pistils are mostly brown. They are in week 12 and NL auto, so should be ready.

Here is my dilemma, a conundrum even. Today is December 9. I 10 days I have to leave town for over 2 weeks. I know if I wait to harvest and I just hang to dry, they will over dry. My grow closet is in the basement and stays a pretty constant 68-70 degrees and 45-50% humidity. I'm afraid if I harvest now and put them in jars to cure before I leave, they may not be dry enough and will mold or worse.

I have heard / read that there is such a thing as freezer curing. I could put it all in the freezer when I leave, then store at room temp on return.

What's best here. I don't really have anyone I can trust to take care of my baby while I'm gone.

2. Harvest now. Then rack dry. If they seem dry enough before you go hang them up in a dark, contained space like a closet. Jar them when you return. Too dry is better than too wet.

* Do not jar them. I would not freezer cure them. Shake it shake it Surgaree

• Like Like x 1