Drying After Harvest...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Hajduk, Jun 28, 2014.

1. If I harvest my plant and hang it to dry, would it be acceptable to then leave the house for a couple of weeks?

I guess what I am wondering is, how hands off is the drying process and would two weeks without checking risk over drying or somehow else getting ruined?  My plants should be ready to harvest right when I am going on holidays (yeah, I didn't think that through).  Will I have to have a stay-cation to monitor the drying?

2. Hey friend,

So ...3 weeks would def dry out your buds... Like baybe even bone dry.
    I'd say do it the right way or risk your harvest.

You could always re-hydrate your buds with bread but it won't be the same.

But maybe someone knows more then I do can be of further assistance.

✌️Celebration

3. #3 jumper420, Jun 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2014
    You run the risk of mold if not drying fast enough and drying to much if dryed to quickly

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3 days to a week hanging max, a couple weeks would dry the shit out of it and make it taste like hay.

Flavor and smell gone for good.

5. I would harvest 4 days early and dry it enough that you won't have to worry about mould. Then put it in sealed containers but with a small vent, a bucket with a hole will be ok. This will carry on the slow drying/curing process over a couple of weeks. 

You could chuck in a couple of boveda 62 packs to help it along too.

What you need to do will be greatly influenced by your temperature and relative humidity

6. #6 Billygo, Jun 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2014
    Really it all depends on where you're drying it and the conditions, such as the room temperature, the humidity, as well as the ventilation. I dry in a cold shed and sometimes it can be hanging for over 2 weeks before it's dry, all depends on the temperature (if I got a week of hot sunny weather it'd be well and dry, whereas if it's a week of cold, wet weather then I can bet itd still be wet)
    It's a tin shed so the weather effects the temperature a lot.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

7. #7 Hajduk, Jul 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2014
    [SUB]Thanks guys.  I rescheduled my plans so that I can do this right.  Thanks for taking the time to help me out.[/SUB]