Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dry weed ???

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by HighFoSho, Sep 8, 2013.

1. How do you feel about this ?

This used to just bug the shit out of me. Heck, I'd knock a batch down by 2 points, based on nothing else !

So as it turns out, after getting my MMC, and pretty much settling on my closest dispensary, based on prices, selection, cool employees, etc. It seems like their buds are getting dryer every time I buy there ?

Now of course, the drier it is, the more actual weed, and the less water your paying for, right ? And so you should see the size of a 2 or 3 gm pouch !

Also, after learning the little trick about putting a small piece of Lemon peel in my weed pouch for a few hours, or maybe overnight, I have found I can bring back moisture pretty well.

But now I'm starting to wonder if it really matters ? Sure does light easily, and cherries right up in no more than two tries with the lighter...... which for me, in my new place, is kind of good too, as I can spark a bowl, quickly take about 8 or 10 hits back to back... Bam ! Done ! {hopefully before the smoke has drifted far enough to gain any unwanted attention :)

Just got some bad-a$$ Cherry Pie, and some Kashmere Kush, a couple days ago.... and once again, its pretty freaking dry. But now I'm not sure if using the Lemon peel moisturizing trick is even worth the bother ?

Your thoughts ?

2. "Slightly moist" cannabis burns slower than "dry as a bone" cannabis. This gives you a better, longer-lasting smoke!  I'd moisten it.

Granny

3. Hello

4. Thank you Granny :)

Yea', I hear you, and up until lately, "longer lasting" is what I totally preferred..... But like I say, lately, it's been more of a "hurry up and get it done" kind of thing... So I just don't know...

Peace.

5. A slice of fresh bread works as well. 
    Seal the dry weed with a slice of fresh bread for a day or two and it will moisten your stash..

6. rr, would you believe I haven't ate bread {or rice, pasta, potatos, or dairy} for nearly 4 years ?
    I've heard the bread trick before, so I know it works. I just love Lemon peel smell, and IMPO has never hurt the flavor, but maybe helped it ?

Still, I stopped by my bro's apt earlier and he first burned some stuff that he was told was simply "AK" ? Long name anybody ? ......and it was pretty good, I'd give it an 8. Then I pulled out some of my Kashmir Kush, and Bam ! Tasted so great, and smooth in his little two chamber bubbler, and we got more than high enough, on one bowl .......after a bowl of his AK, I mean :) 

7. I would never buy dry weed it cant cure after its too dry

8. Get your self a boveda humidity pack put your bud in a Maison jar the next day it will have some moisture I got a free one at the cannabis cup and been a costumer ever since

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Do it too long and you're just molding your buds and conditioning them to rot.

10. Do not use lemon it has alot of moisture in it and if left to long it will cause ur weed to mold instead use a square of bread

11. Well last night, I actually decided to do the Lemon peel trick again, but the thing is, I just use a very small, shaved off piece of rind... like about a nickel sized disc, maybe 1/8" thick in the middle. I put a little disc like this, in each of my two 2gm zip locked pouches. This morning, Bam ! Perfect ! :)

I hear you guys on potential molding, but I'm suspecting that is a lot less common here in Nor Cal. We might hit 100 degrees today.... but at only about 15% humidity ;)  You guys in the Southern US can just keep ALL of that 90-98% humidity for yourselves :)

Peace.