Dry the bong or leave the water in it?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by rainfall34, Nov 6, 2019.

1. #1 rainfall34, Nov 6, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    Ok, so I finished using the bong, but I don't wanna use it for some days. Do I have to dry the bong of its water or can I just leave the water in there? I got most of the water out and put it in my bedroom closet covered up with ziploc bags and a plastic bag so the smell wouldn't escape. Then I tried hanging it upside down on a clothesline overnight, but it still had particles of water in it.

Edit: Maybe I'm just overthinking this stuff. I probably should have just listened to advice from similar posts.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. #4 rainfall34, Nov 6, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    Well that's kinda rude. I'm just asking a question cuz I'm new to all this stuff.

Edit: Maybe I'm just overthinking this stuff. I probably should have just listened to advice from similar posts.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  3. If you’re going to store it in plastic bags, I think leaving the water in it would be a recipe for mildew. I would skip the plastic bags and just let it air-dry. If you’re really paranoid, you can clean it with some alcohol to get rid of any residue that might be stinking it up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. That's definitely a valid question!

You don't have to get every drop of water out! It does get nasty but you could always use rubbing alcohol to clean it! If you really want it to stay clean just swish some 91% isopropyl alcohol in it after you use it, wash it out with some more water so all of the alcohol gets out and then you can store it until next use!

That definitely is a little overkill but hey, my bong would be so damn fresh if I did that everytime!

To each their own, do what makes you feel comfortable! :)

5. Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Lol thank you. I'll do that right away. Sorry if I grossed you guys out, it wasn't my intention.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Put the bong in a plastic bag, and fill it with alcohol and regular Morton’s salt and shake it for awhile to get most of the resin out. Then run water into it to get out the alcohol and salt and the bong should be for the most part not disgusting and smelling like bong water.

7. Yeah throw some rubbing alcohol in there and shake it up and dump it. Then rinse it. Should be much cleaner and not stinky.
    Can add salt too with the alcohol, grains will help clear gunk

• Like Like x 1
  8. if there is any water left in it over 24hr it will explode.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. I just tried cleaning my bong, accidentally tapped it against the sink and the fucking tree perc broke off. Did the smoke shop owner sell me a lemon or low quality bong? I am so pissed off. Now I cannot use it anymore.

10. Pictures!

how much did you spend on it?

11. https://i.imgur.com/6G95Vh3.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/Hiu8l6j.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/dpi6qiK.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/v56xFgs.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/H6ALHzU.jpg

Sorry for the wait, was taking a while to upload them.
    I paid $45 USD for it.

I'll tell you the story of what happened. Won't give names of the shops for privacy reasons. Went to my local smoke shop, guy I spoke to was John (I think he's the owner). Was interested in a bong and gave me two bongs to compare. The one he sold me (which is this one) he said, "If you go to the other smoke shop down the street you'll see him selling the same one but at higher price. Go ahead and check him out. Tell me his prices aren't outrageous." Then he says "My prices are better." And as I was buying the bong he said "If you pay me in cash, I'll give it to you for $45. I actually need to order more of these 'cause they're very popular, I don't know why." Which I did.

Now I'm thinking he may have sold me a cheap china glass bong. That or it was a lemon or low quality bong.

12. well, first of all-- condolences on the piece!
    it's almost a right of passage...
    I've broken a number of pieces in my day.
    consider it a lesson for cleaning.

at least it only cost you $45! in my opinion, that is an absolutely fair price for that piece from a shop.
    was it Chinese? probably.
    was it a lemon? maybe-- but if it was, it was likely bad luck not the owner gipping ya.
    was it worth $45? that's up to you to decide.

it sounds like you didn't get much use out of her before she broke, but don't let that discourage you.
    imagine if you'd spent $120 on a branded American piece just to learn a hard lesson with that!!!!

if you really want to make sure you're getting your money's worth, I would order something online.
    that way you can pick between an amazing deal on something mass produced, or you can pick from full catalogs without paying the headshop fee.

BUT-- there really is something about being able to hold a piece in your hands and look at it in person.
    it's always a gamble shopping through a screen.
    plus, headshops are local and you get your piece THAT DAY.

13. Just pour the water out. I usually like to run some clean water through it and dump that out too. It can be harder to get water out of the percs so watch out for that.

Just read that it broke tho. Sorry to hear about that

14. Are you under 18 trying to hide this from parents? Orr what cause I keep water in mine for a day at a time but I never put it in a ziplock or place for humidity to be trapped while wet.. i keep my bong on the ground in corners of the place and what not. Smell can be controlled with candle usage if it’s that bad.

Check out my (RE-VEG) Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze (SSSDH) Photo-female grow
    {REVEG} Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze

15. Nah, just turned 25. But I keep it in my bedroom closet 'cause I don't want my family to see it (they know that I smoke) and also I don't have anywhere else to put it without someone touching it and moving it, not to mention complaining that I would need to put it away.

16. You broke it, can't blame the smoke shop for that.

17. Get something no one knows what it is like a volcano. Those things are used for more than just MJ as they are also air diffusers, so put some dry herb in it like chamomile to give your entire house a pleasant smell. You can even use it to infuse foods with flavor (it's actually used by chefs for this reason). Plus, if anyone see's it, they usually think its a giant clock or something. Hell, when people come to my house, I throw dried blueberries in it and it makes everything just smell great.

You can use a tube to connect it to your glass piece as well if you really want to, but the vape that comes out of it is not harsh by any means.

18. Ok, so I went back to the smoke shop, the one with the bong that I broke accidentally. Had a good conversation with him. But he said he would try to get it in by next week. I didn't wanna wait that long, so I went to a different smoke shop. This owner was chill and friendly and he actually had a good selection and variety of bongs, which left me surprised. He actually had the kind of bongs I was looking for. Guy was super chill and helpful.

https://i.imgur.com/jtV7ZMz.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/Ri2VohP.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/xtJg33Y.jpg
    The one on the left is the broken one. The one on the right is the new one I got. He told me this one has better glass and that this bong was actually really hard to make. He also said a lot of people like this one and it's very popular. I think this dude gave me a better deal. When I asked him what was the height, he said 16 inch. But when I checked it at home, it was actually about the same height as the other one (13.5 inch), so I was surprised and relieved.