Dry sift with shaker jar

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by Rblst4u, Sep 19, 2017.

1. I am new to making my own concentrates and have only done some dry sifting through a framed silk screen 2-3 times prior. I went to my local Michaels hobby store to buy a 90 micron framed silk screen. They were out of them and the girls I asked if they had anymore was smiling at me lol she knew exactly what I was doing. With them being out of stock I instead bought a yard of loose mesh 110 microns (Only thing left) I had only read about using the "shaker jar" method. The material was dried properly (good early auto flower) and used bud trim and some popcorn buds. The yield was about the same 10% but this time absolutely no visual plant matter came through. I had the material in the freezer for 48 hours and I think that also made it better quality as the times before were only about a day. Roughly 40 grams gave me back 4.5 grams of some beautiful golden brown kief that is perfect looking and powerful to. I was going to try the dry ice but have read to many contaminates get in the mix so if I have to re filter everything why not just try it this way. Until I try something different this has now replaced the framed screen for me! Take a look and what do you think. Also I have heard the CO2 kills some of the thc because it freezes to fast? Right now I am in love.... lol

Attached Files:

2. @Rblst4u
    Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads
    Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    BNW