Dry Sift Questions

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by andrewm193, Jan 14, 2013.

1. So Im a big fan of kief and dry sift. I don't have access to clippings or anything but I am willing to freeze up some of my precious high quality nugs and run them over a screen. My question is, even after scraping off the outer layer of trichomes, is the already sifted bud is still smokable? I mean obviously its smokable but is it worth it to roll up with it or rather cook or blast some BHO through it. Also, I know that I can use a standard 110 Micron Screen but will it work as well as a screen meant for kief? Keep in mind that Im not lookin for full melt pure thrichs or anything, Im just looking for something like the kief in the bottom of a grinder. Im not a picky man ;)
    Thanks and I hope to hear from you guys

2. I'd recommend extracting with alcohol if you don't want to smoke the sifted bud. dunno about screen sizes why not just test it and go from there?

3. Well if you like dry sift then make dry sift, but a 110 micron bubble bag will make a much better product and your gonna enjoy it, picky or not :)