Dry sift all your plant trim. Just sayin

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BingB0ngs, Jul 14, 2019.

1. After trying to gift my trim away to several people nobody was really interested so i was going to throw it out. Glad i did not throw it out. I did some research and invested in a sifter box (Ryot brand to be exact)
    I had roughly 250grams of wet trim and smaller buds leftover from my harvest. Its been dried for well over a week now.
    Ive gone through almost a quarter of it there is maybe 2 full box runs left and ill have ran 25% of the trim. This is what i have so far and its also important to note ive smashed two fatass dabs of the full melt.
    Left pile is half melt(more green stuff)and right pile is full melt(very close to no green stuff)

Pic 2 - full melt
    Pic 3 - half melt (can be further cleaned) 20190714_104743.jpg 190712_222802.jpg 190712_222832.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. This is the box.
    Black glass at bottom is where the great shit falls, good shit stays on second screen and material on top screen. 20190714_111022.jpg 20190714_111037.jpg 20190714_111053.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. [​IMG]

I'd need one more this sized. Well even a tabletop version for making grout would do it.
    LOL
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. The box is not big at all lol which is why ive only processed a small amount of my trim so far. My next harvest ill probably invest in a larger screen system im quite happy with the results though

5. Hey BNW, I know you've got your hashmaster 5000, but did you ever try a brass tumbler for sifting b4 you came up with the final version?
    I know random, but have one on hand that I was thinking of tinkering with.

6. Try BNW's hashmaster. Thing is beast, and costs less than your box (probably) did to make.

7. I don't see why it wouldn't work. I've seen everything from a cement mixer down to a pollen tumbler used for making dry sift. I can't find the saved site off hand but somebody does make a stainless steel sock affair for a mixer. One of the weed magazines had it in the back pagers stuff if I recall.

My earliest attempts were a coffee can and nylon woman's hosiery. Not a strong enough material. Gives and the holes expand. The Hashmaster 5000 mesh is a true 160 microns and doesn't change as the dry ice chunks and buds slam into it.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  8. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10 pounds of dry ice runs off most of my harvest as I turn 90% of my grow into Kief.
    :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We run off the last harvest 4 times a year as it gets done curing. I'll run off the spring set in the coming couple of weeks so watch for it.
    [​IMG]
    HM5K delux. LOL
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Been doin small runs here and there throughout the day im 1/4 through my trim and i got way more than i would have guessed. These are the little jars the moonrocks come in.
    Going to make weed butter to bake with the half melt and dab all the full.
    20190714_180501.jpg 20190714_180539.jpg

10. How much trim do you run to end up with that much kief?

11. Ended up with 2.8 grams of greener kief and 0.9 grams of pure trichome heads from 60grams of trim. Should end up with somewhere around a half ounce of kief and 4 grams full melt. And i was going to throw this shit out lol. 1563144485283.jpg