Dry or wet trim?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by killian123, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Hi all, what's your preference in regards to dry or wet trim?
    Myself, I have never dry trimmed and this year, I think I will make a descent harvest.

I did harvest one plant ( had bud rot) earlier this month and did the normal wet trim but man does it not smell like weed.. rather harsh as well.

What's your guys take and in regards to dry trimming, do you just hack plant into sections like wet trim and hang upside down but don't trim a thing?
    How long does it normally take to dry until you trim?

Anything in particular I should be aware of?
    Much appreciated

2. Myself i prefer wet .
    All preference though ,
    I find it much easier to manage wet

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. I have trimmed my outdoor harvest to about half and half..
    I wet/fresh finished trimmed about half of it and only rough trimmed the other half..

I haven't dry trimmed any yet as I am on a long slow drying process but I am worried it is going to be difficult..

Some of my friends are dry trimming easily but they are over-dry IMO..
    Their sugar leaves are crispy and still sticking out, while my sugar leaves are turning to leather and have encapsulated my buds much more than theirs that are still sticking out..

We shall see.. I just hope my dry trim stuff comes out as good as my wet trimmed stuff.. Any positive benefits from it are yet to be seen..

They are at 70-75F and 50%-55% RH
    I am at 50F-65F and 55%-60% RH

I am going for dank terps in the jar smell as much as I can, and running less heat is beneficial to me..

4. Good to know.
    Another question..... can I half trim or is that still going to release chloroform?
    Is it the clora, that gives you that " hay smell" and harshness?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Agree on ease of management, plus, when trimming done, don't have to go back

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sry, spell check....chlorophyll