Dry Ice

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by broten, Apr 12, 2009.

1. I know that dry Ice is solid CO2 and it turns to gas slowly depending on its surroundings.
    I am wondering if dry ice is an economical way to boost CO2 in my 10 x 10 x 7 tall grow room. Could also help controle temp for those with that problem. I am in basement and all stayes pretty cool.

new guy

2. thats a good idea

3. Hey dude,

Yea I use it in my closet grow. I have the closet roughly 90% airtight and I close it up for the day that I supplement my plants with it. How do I make sure the CO2 doesn't turn into a gas to fast you ask? I took a lunch box size cooler (insulated) and drilled 2 rows along the long side on both sides and then put a pound of dry ice inside and put that up against a fan and it pulls the hot air through and forces the CO2 out. From my experience, when I do use it, the plants love it.

Give it a shot, it's super cheap (thumbs up, lol)

-Djslife

P.S. Drill the holes on the upper part of the long sides so no liquid is able to escape.

4. Dry-ice is economical if you can get it free. Tanks or a generator will cost a fraction to maintain over ice.

5. how long would a lb of ice last?

6. In my closet, the dry ice I side the small ice chest lasts around 6-7 hours maybe more. The cool part is that it gets circulated so slowly.

To the other persons response: yes, in the long run, the tank would be more cost efficient, but I only supplement with CO2 a couple times a week and at four pounds of dry ice a week, I'm still able to afford all my other supplies (nutrients, lights, PG&E, etc.) as opposed to one tank and one regulator and maybe cheap other supplies.

So let's recap: Indeed, overtime you save with a co2 tank And regulator, but if you're just a small closet growers like myself I believe dry ice in a cooler method will suffice.

-Djslife

7. Yeah dry ice is the way to go if you are going to do a single grow and quit or have a dad with a dry-ice store.

CO2 enrichment only works if you can maintain levels at 1600 PPM throughout the whole flowering cycle. I use tanks in my small closet grow.

8. I agree with you on the single grow (that's what I'm doing right now) and yea a dad that owned a dry ice store would be nice but $5.00 a week in my opinion isn't too expensive.

Rumple, when I supplement two times a week I notice an increase in the speed the plant grows.

-Djslife