Dry ice kief extraction question

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Anonymous3030, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Coming up on harvest and had a question about using my bubble bags. When would be the right time to extract kief with dry ice? Should I let the trim and leaves dry for a day or two first or should I do the extraction the day I chop everything? I wont be using buds but just all my trim, leaves, and probably all the small popcorn buds not worth curing. Just trying to figure out exactly when I need to do this process.

Also should I use all the plant material I harvest? Or just all the plant material covered in trichs?

2. You can use fresh or dry trim. The dry trim will give more yield ( plant matter ) and the fresh will taste better. Either way you use the same method.. no need to freeze trim for dry ice, the dry ice will do that. You can if it makes you feel better though.. put trim and dry ice in bucket let sit for 10 minutes stirring a few times to make sure all trim gets frozen and crispy. Depending on if you want different grades of hash use 160 and 73 micron bags no matter what and add more bags if you want more grades and a lot more work. Slide bag over the outside of the bucket so the screen is covering the hole and the bucket is inside the bag.. shake yo bootay.. you have hash!

3. i just made dry ice hash for the first time. it was done out of necessity because my crop hermied and was full of seeds. i dried everything first but i did not cure. i did freeze for a few weeks before i had a chance to process it. i was happy with the potency and flavor. the appearance not so much. it was rather green even at the lower micron runs. i feel that this had a lot to do with skipping the curing process. if i were to do it again i would not skip the cure. if your planning on processing the keif hash further into oil or edibles it probably wouldn’t matter as much. but you still must decarboxylate the product if you are making edibles. i can’t speak on how it would be using fresh weed but i suspect you would end up with green hash as well. still thou, i was happy with the potency and flavor so if the color doesn’t bother you than it’s your call. good luck!

4. i mixed the 73 micron and 120 micron products together and pressed into a block. the 160 micron i plan on doing a qwet extraction with.

5. Once I run everything through the dry ice I plan on using all the plant material for edibles. Should I go ahead and decarb everything the same day or freeze it if I'm not able to decarb it that day since its been frozen from the dry ice? My time day to day is limited so I'm doing everything in stages.

6. if you ran it fresh then i would freeze it. if it was dried then it probably doesn’t matter. just don’t let it mold which it shouldn’t because the dry ice won’t add moisture. freezing it won’t hurt it though.

• Agree Agree x 1