Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dry ice in a bong?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by theshadowshower, Nov 8, 2013.

1. I was thinking of ways to get the coldest and smoothest hit out of a bong without buying extra glass, I was thinking dry ice, cold water and salt in the bong and then regular ice in the ice catcher. My only concern is the glass shattering because of the temps tire fluctuation. If anyone has any experience or thoughts let me know...

2. #2 AlphaOmega420, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2013
    lol water wouldn't be a liquid at those temps...

also you would probably die from internal cold burns if you didnt asphyxiant first..
    \t 

3. Try liquid nitrogen.

4. Not real sure if that's the best idea you've had

5. ....said the guy who wants to inhale dry ice

6. Inhaling dry ice is probably a bad idea.

7. if water and ice isnt cold enough for you and u need a smother hit I'd say go use a vape !

8. This doesn't really sound like a good idea to me.

And I don't know if it would be good for your glass. Glass can crack under extreme temperature changes.

9. You would be in having the vapor, of dry ice... Witch is okay it's just carbon dioxide you breath it all day, I am aware there would be NO oxygen in that one breath but your body can last 20 seconds without oxygen...

10. I see, I'm fairly new to smoking, I'm fine with dry pipes but I was just thinking of putting in dry ice for fun as just an extra something, and how much do you think a cheap cape would go for?

11. umm you can get cheap vape pens for bud around $50-100.

12. Dont do that it will burn your throat to hell, go buy a 80dollar box vape

13. I think it might kill you OP, I wouldn't recommend it if you don't like dying.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. #14 DayJaVu, Nov 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2013
    1.) Don't use dry ice as you may destroy your bong.

2.) Don't use dry ice because you will be inhaling pure CO2, which not only crowds out the oxygen and suffocates yourself, but the vapor is EXTREMELY cold and can damage your lungs.

3.) Don't use dry ice because it will not make your hits any smoother and the extremely temperatures will irritate your lungs.

4.) Don't use dry ice because it would just end up freezing your bong water.

5.) Don't use dry ice because it could kill you.

15. Fill the entire bong with snow (make your own snow).

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. #16 Green Plant, Nov 9, 2013
    Look up a video of dry ice in water. That should give you a good answer :blink:

17. A little vapor? Bubbles? So what

18. And this is the answer I was looking for

19. #19 DayJaVu, Nov 9, 2013

Just to clear things up. The atmosphere is only like .035% carbon dioxide. CO2 starts to become toxic at around 1%.

So lets say you decide to bust out that bong in your car. Ignoring the fact that the dry ice is -109.3F, you would be starving yourself of oxygen and create dizziness and headaches until you pass out and die.

That's why they tell people that if you can't ventilate a room to only use a certain amount of dry ice.

20. #20 4shotmark, Nov 9, 2013
    I feel like this would freeze your aleveoli.

Like honestly, please don't try it.

It's a better toke with lukewarm water anyways.