Dry Ice Hash: Cheap CO2 Extraction

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Gypsy Genetics, Oct 31, 2018.

1. 1. Put material in the 5 gallon bucket
    2. Put $5-10 worth of dry ice in the 5 gallon bucket with the material.
    3. Put micro screen (hash bag) of you choice over the top of 5 gallon bucket.
    4. Cover top of 5 gallon bucket for short period of time as to make the temperature in the 5 gallon bucket cold. Do not seal bucket because as the dry ice (co2) vapors it could make enough pressure to blow lid off if it is on tight.
    5. Put on gloves to keep hands warm and remove the lid cover and turn 5 gallon bucket upsidedown and begin to shake it like a salt shaker. Make sure to hold the hash bag and bucket together firmly as not to spill the material everywhere... Just repeat...

You should have a hudge pile of dry ice hash instantly so make sure you have a glass table or large clean surface.

You can now measure the serving you apply to food, no screening necessary.

2. This is not CO2 extraction, this is your basic dry ice hash. There are a million how-to's for dry ice hash out there that also include recommended mesh sizes. If you're experienced in making dry ice hash, I suggest you provide your knowledgeable advice on what screen sizes to use for various grades/quality of hash.

Having made dry ice hash myself, I'd add that you don't want to over shake it. Otherwise you'll pulverize your green leafy material into dust which willl make it through the screen and degrade the quality of your hash.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. You might also clarify that they'll want to decarb their hash before they add it to food, for maximum effect.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Old news.

Been doing a mechanized version for years.

Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture

[​IMG]

Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads

BNW

• Like Like x 3
  5. Dry ice is CO2!!!....
    To each their own with the micron screen, this thread was to make CHEAP CO2 hash..
    And I agree each time you agravate the material you will get more leaf material in it.. that's why I recommend doing it then repeating the process if you wish to make more batches..

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Yes, I think everyone understand that but it's not CO2 extraction. Google CO2 extraction and you'll see why they aren't the same. Just like I don't say I'm four wheeling to work (just because my truck has 4wd), dry ice hash isn't CO2 extraction just because dry ice is frozen CO2.

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. There is high quality extraction for people that have the knowledge and the tools (usually not cheap) and there is low quality.. the term extraction is correct..

8. Yo brass have you ever tested you product after to see the purity or the ppm in it?

9. Ok man, whatever floats your boat. I guess facts don't matter these days anyway. Was just trying to help you out so you don't sound like you don't know what you're talking about. CO2 extraction it is.

10. Wouldn't that totally depend on the mesh size....Like how much plant matter gets thru ?

11. It started life as a 160 micron nylon bag. Cut to fit the 1 gallon paint can it's held in place with a band clamp.

Nope. The couple of times I inquired about testing the cost was bordering on the $$$$$ and I said no thanks. It's for my own use and it really doesn't matter in the long run. We guesstamate my hash-coconut oil caps are in the 100-150mg range but could be much higher if my recent trip to Colorado and sampling the edibles there is any indication.
    [​IMG]
    I use only cured bud never trim or scraps and shake 60 seconds as seems to be the sweet spot.

What this does is closer to Freezer mounted dry sift rolling then true C02 High pressure liquid extraction.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Damned if it doesn't look, smell, smoke and make high power edibles with. :)
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  12. That looks good brass... They sound delicious!!

13. Hummmmmm....What if I already have a bunch of fresh-frozen material, that is NOT cured....
    Would it be worth messing with this way, or should that go just for bubble hash ? I'm curing some properly for later....
    But I need to use up the frozen stuff first...

14. I've done fresh a few days off the drying line but I thought it wasn't up to my usual standards.
    Only way to really know is to run some.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  15. Four Wheeling to work had me leleling.