Dry Ice Hash = AMAZING

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by tothehead, Jun 10, 2011.

1. i was browsing the interweb yesterday and stumbled upon a neat little hash method. ive done ISO, BHO, bubblebags but using dry ice blows them all out of the water. this method is so easy a 12 yr old could do it. just get a 5gal bucket ( just what i used) dry ice (i got 20lbs for $10.00, didnt even use a quarter of it) and your sugar leaf/trim or buds. break up the dry ice into medium size pieces inside the bucket (i used a screwdriver for that, and WEAR GLOVES) then just add your trimmings or whatever your using. now this is the only piece of equipment you may not have, a bubble bag. i used my 73micron bag and just put it over the top of the bucket so it fit nice and snug. then just lay out something to catch all the trichomes that fall out. i used a 4x4 mirror. just flip the bucket upside down and agitate the dry ice and trimmings. after your done get a plastic card (like a gift card or something stiff) and scrape everything up, step back and enjoi what you have produced. ENJOI

Attached Files:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. how hard do you shake it? Does it really matter becuase of the microns?

3. you dont have to shake very hard. i started w/ my 23 micron bag, but i didnt feel like i was getting much out. i switched over to the 73micron bag and it worked a hell of alot better. i love it because you get 10x more doing it this way than w/ regular ice. its also about a 1/4 of the work

4. so i wonder if the co2 makes a different flavor. ive read in some old book that you can flash cure bud with dry ice. very interesting indeed. smoke report?

5. i think it tastes great. i feel like it tastes like the regular bubble hash, just not as heavy when you inhale it ya know what i mean? this shit gets me lit up. all my buddies love it as well

6. Do you think it would have worked it you just would have put the dry ice and trim in the 73 micron bag and shaked the shit out of it? Seems more simple and my bubble bag is pretty sturdy. But ive never tried this so i wanted to ask you if something prevented you from doing this? looks like some good shit, how much trim u use?

7. im gonna try this very soon i think you may be on to something buddy

8. i dont see why that wouldnt work. i had watched a video where the guy was doing it w/ a bucket, so thats how i did it.

9. The bubble bags generally start at 220 microns, any reason you used with such a small screen? I feel like you might not be maximizing your product, of course it's more pure...

10. This I must try, thank you man, that looks like pure crystal

11. trying this tomorrow.. 220 micron bag, going for yeild. Hope it works.

12. this may be a stupid question but where do you get dry ice?

13. just google dry ice in your area. chances are someone sells it. i happen to live pretty close to a dry ice plant. i think it was like 9 or 10 bucks for 20lbs. way more than i needed haha but thats the lowest quantity this place sold it in

14. I have heard about making hash with dry ice recently. Very nice informative post and simple directions for a quality product!

15. When you say shake it. How are you doing this and not losing valuable product as it flies out the bucket? Can you post pics step by step?! Great idea man definitely gonna try this one out

16. #16 Kid Metheuselah, Aug 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    You can use the extra to supplement co2 in your room. Put it in a styrofoam cooler and jab holes in the lid to reduce dissipation.

17. i never thought of that. good lookin out bro

18. heres a good video on how to make it

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Z9-dARjP8&feature=related]Dry Ice Hash - YouTube[/ame]

19. I tried this and a quick heads up to anyone.

- don't use too much ice. It stops the trichs being able to fall down.

- use a 160 bag. I used the 220 and unfortunately ended up with a much lower grade hash.

Enjoy and post here any lessons you learn if/when you try it

20. So how many times do u rerun the hash thru the ice? It look like in the video they ran it thru three times?