Dry Herb Vape Advice

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by bobby135, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Moderator: I am not getting any responses on this thread in another forum sub section and would like the other to either be moved to here or to delete the other. My posts keep getting deleted.

Hey guys. So after getting two smell complaints in my apartment (may or may not have been because of me) Ive decided its time to think about switching to a vaporizer instead of just smoking my bowl. Ive been looking into them and have a few questions id love to hear opinions about:

1. Ive read that it still smells, but not as potent. Can anyone give any anecdotes or experience with this? I already used smoke buddies, towel under door, taped off vent, candles etc. So if I were to vape in my living room with just a smoke buddy, what would the smell be like?

2. My biggest concern is the high ill get from it. I tried out a dab pen (i think this is what its called, a $10 rechargable pen that vapes liquid cartridges) and wasnt a fan of the high I got from it. I didnt get the couch lock/body high thay I really enjoy. Would it be a waste to invest in this considering that? Again, any opinions or anecdotes about your highs with one would be great. Id really like to only spend around $100.

Any other info you guys have is great!

2. I may have replied to one of your posts in another section of the forums... i don't have any suggestions but welcome replies from those who do myself.. Vaping is for sure your best bet for squelching smell but the vaporizer i use is stone age compared to those available today... i use the MFLB (Launch Box)...

Also from what i gather you will be hard pressed to find a good dry herb / flower vaporizer for $100... And the high is way different from my own experience than from combustion (firing up the bowl)...

The plus side is you can extend your stash many times over from torching it... as long as you get vapor off a bowl which for me is days of toking... (not a heavy user, low tolerance).
    Then the flower is at least partially decarbed apparently as i get stoned on a pinch or 2 of AVW vaped weed with a dab of peanut butter to help disperse & absorb in the system...

Other option is canna oil from pre filled carts if they are available where you are... most stealth way of delivering the love to your system...

3. Hello! I have tried using the oil carts with a cheap ($10) pen and it got me buzzed but not “high” persay. I chalked it up to being incredibly cheap and havent really tried it since. Plus, where I am getting flower is MUCH easier than getting the oil. Im still scared im going to spend $100-$150 on a vaporizer tonight and end up not liking it. Nervous!

4. 1. Yes, it will smell but not nearly as much as a joint or blunt even at the highest temp setting. Smoke from a blunt/joint lingers and sticks to everything taking A LOT of effort to mask/eliminate the smell. With a vape it doesnt take nearly as long especially if you vape at a lower temp setting. Smoke buddy + Febreeze or Ozioum or Incense will do the trick. Convection vapes tend to smell less, but they are more expensive.

2. This is a hard question to answer since it depends on the type of vape and the potency of your weed. Smoking a blunt/joint will always get you higher imo however a good vape + good weed can get you "almost" to the same place using less weed. A lot depends on your tolerance too. If I hit a vape after two weeks of not smoking, I will get LIT on one bowl. I've used the Ariza Air but own the Pax 2 and 3 and like all of the above. All are in the $130-$200 price range.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. i know that between a rock and a hard place feeling and it is a damned shame that with all the chatter on GC and the WWW there is not more information (reviews)... seems like often the best place is youtube for reviews and also read the comments of course below the video to get more honest feedback than from the reviewer..

6. Correct me if Im wrong, but this is my sort of checklsit im heading into this purchase with:

1. I want a convection vaporizer from what ive read. Less smell and more efficient from what ive read (however i realize the cost is going to be more)

2. I want something with a good amount of temp customizaion (From what Ive read)

When i started that list I thought I had a ton of stuff to list but apparently not, lol. This may be a bad idea haha

7. I own the utilian 721 and love it. My wife hates the smell of burnt flower and never complains about it when I vape. As far as the high it is just as potent if not more and the flavour from the first couple pulls is AMAZING! I will never go back to burning flower again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Thanks for your anecdote! Im kinda thinking that its gonna have to be something I get used to either way. I just hope I can find a good one in my price range. Id hate to overspend and then still not like it. My biggest concern here isnt the smell within my place as we both smoke, but the smell leaking into other apartments. I take it that the smell isnt nearly as potent as smoke and wont do that, especialy with the smoke buddy. Does the Vaporizer emit smell when its heating up/not being used? For example, I take a hit and set it down, will it produce smell here? or just on a hit? My biggest annoyance with smoking is dealing with the extra smoke burning off the piece, and dont wanna deal with that here

9. Mine was $250 CAD and is convection. It has a cap with mouthpiece and doesn't burn the flower unless you are inhaling. Imo you use way less herb as well.

10. The only smell you get is the smell of your herb.

11. Do you have any features of yours that you really enjoy/dont really need? Im hoping to put together a little list of what people with vaporizers really like and dont like so i can better choose

12. I'm happy, battery life is good and bowl is big enough. Temp control is good. Only down side is I can't use it for afghani hash cause it doesn't get hot enough. I haven't tried it with bubble hash or other concentrates but it does come with a little bowl for that. Needs to be cleaned regularly too.

13. I have the G-pen & never seem to get stoned with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. I picked up an Astra 2 for $150. Checked all my boxes and had good reviews so hopefully it works for me. Please refrain from telling me its a piece of junk if you think it is, lol.

15. Post back after you get it. Remember when you vape you need to do long slow pulls from it like you're trying to fill abong.:vaping:

16. Guys! I am so thoroughly satisfied! This thing is FANASTIC! I am baked as hell and am so happy. Cheers guys

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Damn that was fast! Glad you're satisfied. Happy vaping

18. I was so anxious to try it that it took top priority. Im higher than ive been in awhile, yet im very clear headed. So great. And almost no smell that I noticed either (epsecially with my smoke buddy). Thanks guys!

19. How are you enjoying your vaporizer after a few days now?

20. I know I'm a bit late but I would highly recommend the vie vaporizer. I was also sceptical at first but so happy I made the investment