Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dry eyes and contacts

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by slinkyonrampage, Apr 4, 2010.

1. So whenever I smoke I always end up getting crazy dry eyes and I always use rhotos or whatever kind of drops I have, but they always dry out my contacts it seems. The ones that are made for contacts don't really help much either. Any of you guys have a good solution that I haven't found yet?

2. Drinking water, dehydration can cause eyes to feel dry.

3. I use ReNu MultiPlus Lubricating and Rewetting drops for my contacts when they get dry... usually its from being in a room with a lot of smoke...

If I don't have them on me, and I'm home, I usually just take out my contacts to clean them and put my glasses on - otherwise, those drops work... If you were contacts you should be using something like that and not regular Visine

4. Yeah, I wear contacts too and it kinda sucks but usually goes away after about 30 minutes of putting them in.

I bought the blue Rhotos that is a lubricant/itch/redness reliever and I think it makes the itch worse with contacts. Though I suck it up cause its better then going to work with blazed eyes.

:smoke:

5. Exactly man, the rhotos definitely take some redness out, but they seem to make the itch and dryness worse with contacts.

I usually stay hydrated too. I usually carry around a sport bottle of water with me, especially when smoking. Nothing worse than getting couch locked and not having some drink on hand. Learned that lesson a long time ago. It's one of those stoner habits that stuck with me. Hell, now I pretty much have that bottle filled and with me when I am home, even when I'm not smoking.

6. I will use the green rhotos if I have contacts, Never the blue. I don't know if it's broscience, but it seems to work for me.

7. yea i stopped using rohtos cause of that, eventually it just made my eyes feel on fire.

clear eyes contact rewetting drops work great for contacts, ive tried a ton of different ones and they work the best. idk how they work for redness though, ive never really had problems with gettin red eyes

8. Honestly, the redness doesn't bother me, I just throw on some shades if I really need to hide my eyes. It's just a buzzkill when they are major dry.

I had some of the clear eyes rewetting drops, but never got to try them out. My dog chewed the bottle up for some reason. Ima have to go buy another bottle.

9. dogs will do that lol. ive been using them since last spring/summer sometime and they still work great. while it seems to me that other brands didnt work over time as well as they originally did.
    theyre great if ya sleep with your contacts in, go out partying or whatever and cant really take your contacts out. my eyes get pretty dried and red from that, and a couple drops of clear eyes and theyre great again. saved me a lot of hassle at festivals

10. regular clear eyes works for me and i use a generic contact solution up&up from target

11. Yeah I have a half full bottle of rhotos and they kill my eyes when I have contacts in. I have naturally very dry eyes from my mom so when I have contacts in and I smoke they just get CASHED. But my solution is the green rhotos, or the white rhotos. The greens seems to really help a lot with redness and lubrication.
    The white rhotos are meant for lubrication (i.e. contacts) but not totally intended for contacts (no rhotos are meant for contacts) yet they work. I also keep a little bottle of lubricant eye drops meant for contacts so if I have to use rhotos and they get itchy I just use a drop of rhotos then a few minutes later a drop of the contact drops.

Wow i'm rambling and how that is somewhat clear.

12. I keep my contact case on hand so i can just take em out and throw some visine in then bam, ready for another day of work

13. I don't usually use eye drops for my red eyes more for dry eyes before I am going to sleep. I usually don't take my contacts out, I know I'm terrible, been doing it for years. I just put in a few drops and it's fine.