Dry and Cure Room

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Jamesw12, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Hey Guys,

Im looking to harvest in the next few days and was just thinking about having drying room that can transition into a cure room rather than doing it in jars?

At the moment i normally wet trimmed and dry for 5-6 Day, Then cure in a mason Jar with a Boveda Pack at 62% opening x2 a day for first week then once a day for the second week then once ever 2-3 day on the third week etc

But i was thinking if i just leave them hanging and purchased a humidifier i could transition my Dry room to a cure room after the 5-6 days and leave the humidifier to control humidity. Temp is stable and isn't an issue where i am.

This would mean significantly less work and i could cure with less touching of the buds and a hell of alot less opening and closing jars multiple times a day. Resulting with potentially a better finished product as the bud are being handled less

Please let me know your thoughts : ) and positive or negative criticism is welcomed in the pursuit of perfections. In theory sounds good but hoping someone else has done it and had positive outcome

• Like Like x 1
  2. never never try to trim wilted plants

will make you madder than a rabid dog ...lol

see it a 2 seperate process's

the cutting down wirth trim and then the curing

harvest/chop

trim

and hang

then when ready the cure

good luck

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Yes i understand that concept would still be wet trimming however instead of using a Jar to cure i wanted to let it cure in the same room

I ended up doing it as mentioned above and works perfectly : )

Smoked the cured in a jar and cured in the room with humidifier via a blind test multiple times no distinguishable different

4. you can hang, dry, trim in the same room and let what you have hanging air cure for weeks hanging while it drys..... it can be your dry hang box? while all the leaf falls to floor while you trim. it cures in the air 30% humidity as it drys. i dry mine out completely untill has the smell has cured and the room smells like good pot instead of green pot... its matter of preference how cured you want it. hang 3+weeks really takes out the greenness for sure....... dry slow and cool to preserve terpenes. keep at 60% humidity to retain sponginess too bud in room. bring down humidity to 30% or less to cure weed that you will be storing for 6+ months ensures proper drying and kills mold and makes for super nice crunchy buds dry to smoke......