Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Drunk/drinking compared to being high/smoking

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by ChronicJungle, Nov 10, 2012.

1. I want to hear everyones view on this.

For me it doesnt even compare. Smoking, all the way. Whenever im drunk or drinking my thoughts are somewhere along the lines of "why am i not smoking instead". For me the actual process of smoking is much more enjoyable than drinking. Please share your thoughts! Im interested! :smoking:

2. Drinking is more social to me. I smoke alone sometimes but I never drink alone. Unless you count a beer with dinner or something.

3. Yeah that makes sense. I love being high just a lot more. But i agree with you that drinking is more of a social thing.

4. #4 OneillSG7, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2012
    I enjoy both, but I have to agree smoking is much better overall. I don't get ill afterwards like with liquor. Although oddly I'm a social butterfly when drinking, my dislike for people has grown over the years so now I prefer smoking alone (or with a close friend). Smoking makes me very observant and reflective. As a consequence, I usually get very bored when around others as my mind feels it is moving so fast and they cannot keep up or get into the depth of my conversations... and i often walk away feeling they are shallow and i wasted my high.

As far as specific effects, there are some similarities and a lot of differences. When I drink I get a buzz / euphoria kind of like smoking -- I get a little relaxed, and once I pass the "tipsy" point and I'm hot all over, I start to enjoy music a little more too. As I get drunker I'm like most people and get waay talkative; even though people label alcohol as something that makes you froth at the mouth and become violent, I find it has an anti-depressive effect on me. Eventually though when I'm really drunk and get clumsy, I notice time moves faster. Waaaay faster. A song that is 4 minutes long will seem like 1 minute. I think that is what contributes to slower responses when drunk... because your brain is "missing" gaps of information. When your hand goes to grab a glass off the table, your muscle memory tells it to move to "X,Y" position in "0.65" seconds, when really it feels like "0.2" seconds and you over reach, causing you to knock it over.

When I smoke I get buzzed, feel relaxed, and a euphoria comes on similar to drinking. But, it's all different from there. Time moves slower, and all of my senses seem heightened. Not only do I notice more sounds and my vision is more acute, but because of the time slowdown I feel like there's more time to process the information. Music is absolutely orgasmic, and of course my pain is gone. The best thing is 2 or 3 hours in I don't have a stomach ache, my head doesn't hurt, I'm not dehydrated or in a bad mood like after drinking. I seem to become more reclusive when high, because although I like to talk more, large groups intimidate me and honestly it's a downer for me when around people that aren't high.

5. Driving high is completely controllable. A DUI for driving high is beyond ridiculous

6. Smoking is so much better, for socializing and being alone.

And with drinking, after eights beers or so, I start getting a little sad, and you always have the morning headache unless you constantly drink water.

7. In social settings I do like to drink beer but overall I prefer smoking. I prefer smoking because it makes me relaxed, happier, things are just more enjoyable etc. Drinking makes me feel sluggish, not in complete control of myself and the next days always suck

8. Personally i like drinking more, no specific reasons why though

9. The two are completely different experiences for me. Smoking weed is something I do all the time. It's not an event. I guess it could be compared to drinking a few cups of tea or a couple coffees every day. Its like that for me. As far as intoxication goes, I rarely get "toootally waasttted", just because my tolerance is so high, but I know that it helps with my general mood and feelings of well-being, and most importantly, it helps with my anxiety and insomnia.

I drink alcohol rarely. Probably about 5 or 6 times a year, if I had to guess. When I do drink, its usually because a friend is in town or a special event is taking place, and I usually don't drink more than a few beers. On occasion, I have had the experience of drinking waaaay too much, to the point of black-outs, violent nausea and vomiting, migraines, sleeplessness, and horrible hangovers. Pretty much the result of not being careful, these instances are entirely my fault, and I do my best to avoid them. In fact, going through them has made me enjoy social drinking even less.

So that's my take on it. For me, the high/intoxication of alcohol versus weed isnt even comparable, other than the fact that they are both downers.

10. fock alcohol...green til i die

11. both.

together.

awww yeaahhh

12. same here buddy

13. Weed all the way. I drink occasionally if that's what my friends are into for the night. But I always smoke. I enjoy it way better.

14. Honestly, I self-medicated with alcohol for a long time before green saved my life. Once you build a tolerance, cannabis is just more functional.

Alcohol is better for the first hour, maybe two. The buzz builds, you get loose and say shit that you would not normally say. It makes your problems go away for this time period, too. Then you feel worse once the buzz wears off, your body gets dehydrated and you become hungover. Try dealing with your problems hungover...

With cannabis you always have some sense of control unless you get super baked and just pass out. I tend to think about my problems from all different perspectives while high and usually gain a better understanding. No hangover and it can't kill you.

Cannabis for the win :smoke:

15. Alcohol makes me depressed almost immediately hahah. I'll get through 2 or 3 beers and start chasing the "more fucked up" feeling, but where smoking more just makes you more happy and hungry, drinking more just makes me sad as shit. And then I text depressing things to my friends that make me sound like an emo kid. lol.

You're going to get biased answers seeing as you're on a cannabis forum, but I'm not even going to have alcohol in my house when I get my own place. Aside from tinctures of course.

16. I used to have the same opinion as you. Everytime I drank, I kept telling myself how much better smoking was. But now, after being drunk more times than I can count, I have really learned to appreciate it. Obviously the actual act of drinking sucks more than smoking because liquor tastes like shit, and beer doesn't compare to the taste of a delicious hit of dank. But it is actually VERY fun for me now. Smoking is still my first love, and is the best. But drinking is very close behind it.

17. They both have their respective places.

18. Yeah drinking is def a more social/party thing. Drinking is mad fun though, but with weed you can get high every day and not worry about hangovers or yacking.

19. To be fair, I've felt depressed on weed, too. I guess that's when you smoke more??? :bongin:

20. [quote name='"camram"']

To be fair, I've felt depressed on weed, too. I guess that's when you smoke more??? :bongin:[/quote]

I've heard that before, just never really experienced it much personally. That is fair though, I've heard similar experiences from quite a few people. I use edibles a lot... I'm curious if that makes a difference on the depressive effects.