Drumming

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by DrazyHaze, Oct 16, 2009.

1. I've been drumming for a few months now and finally recorded a video of me playing.

I fuck up a few parts, and i have only 3 cymbals so i cant really be that creative.

Sorry for the shitty quality.

Anyhow.

here
    [ame="http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/hh252/TheKnot613/?action=view&current=DSCN0887.flv"][​IMG][/ame]

2. Hey man its a start.. doin ok. It'll sound a lot better if you work on your transitions between fills and different time signatures, ya know, just some constructive criticism.. Ive been playin for seven or eight years now and id like to get a vid up if i had a decent camera..

3. good shit. boats and hoes.

4. Thanks man. I definitely need to get a metronome...

i've been playin all this time without one.

My fills need work. I'm not very steady and my flow is off.

I'd love to see a video of you drummin!

5. Ya man, a metronome helps for sure..
    But you definitely have a start and flow comes with time. Youll eventually just start makin up beats all the time and it all just fits into place..
    And hey, Ill try my best to get a camera to show ya.

6. Thanks man.

I definitely need to update my kit some too.

7. Haha me too man. Ive been playin for a while, but i never really got into is so much that i wanted to get a better kit. I have an older pearl export with a couple of crappy zildjian zbt's, a wuhan splash and sabian b8 hihats. I do have one nice investment though.. the limited edition chrome plated tama iron cobra double peddle. Its my baby..

8. You're lucky. I want another crash, a china, and some splashes. I hope to eventually get up to a Tama Iron Cobra! Tama is such high quality equipment.

I'm using a pdp double pedal right now, and it's pretty nice. Stock beaters are crappy though :/

9. progressing well for a few months man keep it up