Drumming Stoners.

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Potsmoker89, Apr 29, 2008.

1. We love to play drums all the time. But its just so much more intense when we play high! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Hell ya, man.

I got some old pics of my drums lying around... few+ years old, althought it really hasn't changed.

[​IMG]

Pearl Session Custom 6pc.

Zildjian ZXT cymbal set + extra ZBT crash.

3. [​IMG]

They're just some cheap ones I got when I was 12. I've been changing the heads and added some Pacific hardware, a Ludwig snare and zildjian and sabian cymbals.

4. I love getting bent and jamming, +++ when i have some friends to accompany me on the guitars.

5. Drums are great!!!! I don't have a kit but I take my friends over whenever we're jamming. After a few songs I get fed up with my guitar and want to bash something :)

I've got a djembe which I love to play, and even though I'm still learning I love busting it out when someone can play my acoustic.

6. Love my drums and love my music. I will get a pic of my drumset up here soon...in the meantime listen to my band I&I to hear my drumming..

7. holy shit stoner drummers unite.
    My set it a starter set.

Fender Starcaster with REMO pinstripe heads and a cow bell, yes I said a cow bell:p, completely necessary for a drum set.

I'll post pics tomorrow.

8. i'll post pictures also

anyone besides me find it difficult to play drums while genuinly high?

9. it depends on my high... i wont know until i try to play.

sometimes it makes me play insane, like I have no limit.

other times I feel sluggish and even the simplest beat just doesnt feel right.

10. Playing stoned is the best ! Been playing for many years, so I got used to playing while baked and being a perfectionist. The right strain puts me in a "groove" kinda mood and allows me to think and play like a clock. It also helps me listen in to the other players so I can play my dynamics correctly.

Drummers are the best!! Rock on Bro's !

11. I'm not a drummer per se but I have had enough time in my life waiting for other musicians to show up to practice/the studio that I've learned how to play quite well. I actually play a lot of the drums on my solo stuff, when I've had the chance to use a kit. I have a pretty vivid imagination and usually tell the drummer exactly what I want if I have someone else play. I'm pretty sure being high makes any kind of musical rhythm that I'm making sound cool to me...it's like my ears are completely detached from what my hands/feet are doing.

12. Yes, drumming while high is amazing. I've been to a few shows with my old band and i wouldn't think about stepping onstage before blazing up. With i had a cam to post my set, got a ludwig mostly all sabian paragon cymbals, which are the shit. The only thing that's not paragon is my ride, some sabian X something, i didn't like the sound of the paragon ride. Fuck zyldianaaaaaa!!!

13. Here is my drumset. I didn't know how to post a picture thats on my comp so I just attached it.

[​IMG]

This picture is somewhat old; now I've got more cymbals, a wooden block and of course, a cowbell :)

EDIT: Shit, anyone know how to post a picture if its in My Pictures?

14. i have no pics. but i have been drumming for 10 full years. i love my ludvig 7 drum, 5 cymbol set. i love latin precussion and love my congas and bongos. and drumming is the most facinating expression of music ever, so to all you drummers, drum on!

15. I started drumming a couple of days ago, borrowed my friends drums since he doesn't play anymore, just learned About A Girl by Nirvana! :) I'm heading out today to buy new drumsticks, a jam block and maybe a cowbell :p

Here they are.

[​IMG]

Im mostly into punk/ska/rock

16. I play some drumset. Not the greatest or anything, but I can play some nice beats. Playing high seems a lot more fun, and I can think up cooler beats and stuff...but sometimes I;m not so sure if I'm actually better high or if I just think I am.

17. Just to bump this thread. Over the past couple of weeks I have notice a jump in my skill. Note I am nowhere "good" at all. I'm just happy that I'm really comfortable with the drums enough to where I can just hop on a set and have some fun.

I thought I would post my favorite drummer at the moment.

Thomas Pridgen

His style is amazing jazzy and fast I love it. Someday I hope I could play half as good as he can. :D.

Keep blazing and drumming everyone. Till next time.

Peace,
    Degas

18. I'm moreso a vocalist and guitarist, but I LOVE to play some drums. I have a little kids kit (actually designed for kids, but I just thought it'd be interesting and hilarious to modify it and make it something cool), 2 toms, 1 floor tom, snare, ride, crash (additional cymbal, that's just an internet photo... as may be obvious by the small child sitting at the kit), bass and the SHITTIEST hi-hat you will ever hear. Like amazingly bad, it's just two flat strips of metal put together essentially. Still, I love drumming (though I'm that good at it at all); it's great for coordination, and getting in the groove is great. Drumming stoned is amazing too, I feel so technical with what I'm doing, and I tend to have utmost precision when I play :hello:

Attached Files:

19. Yeah dude drums are so the illest instrument, I love playing my drums but I miss them now that I am at college.