Drugs actually hinder your spirit and astral body?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by TheElcinator, Nov 25, 2011.

1. you've lost it

2. if the state of consciousness reached during a real psychedelic experience could be accessed without using one i would be scared of closing my eyes at night, matter of fact it's a good thing those states aren't accessible to a person of normal mental health because people would be going insane left and right

the most powerful experience one can have without drugs is dreaming, meditation/yoga alls you get is a mild perspective change, which of course can be beneficial

i'd like to hear about these techniques you're talking about because your being vague

3. i completely agree. its funny because with all the ego killing buddhists do, they are just building an even bigger one lol

4. The funny thing about psychedelics is I find trips that last 5-10 minutes (albeit a more potent substance) to be much more knowledgeable and easier to remember than the 8-12 hour trips on certain other substances. I always learn amazing things on these longer trips, but I hardly ever remember any of it.

5. And how much effort have you put into meditation? I'd wager not very much at all. The states you can achieve are much more powerful then any psychedelic, but they wouldn't be physically taxing like a drug would be.

I'm willing to bet that you haven't even reached the first states of meditation, pratyahara as it's known in Yoga, so how can you say how powerful a meditative state can be? In order for pratyahara to even occur one must achieve nadi shodhan (total purification of the nadis/psychic nerves) and this alone requires living a certain way and doing pranayama, and takes between 1-2 years to achieve. It is when the consciousness withdraws into the brain and spinal cord, and you are essentially numb to your senses and reside strictly within yourself. The skin becomes cool and the breathing very elongated, and you very well might start snoring and be completely conscious inside your mind lol.

Obviously someone who just sits down for meditation here and there will never experience anything very powerful, and so people think since psychedelics offer this powerful experience that it is somehow evolving them. As I said I've done plenty of psychedelics, and the last 10 or so times I've taken any my mental state hasn't changed at all, I just physically feel the effects but the mental bang is gone, my philosophical thinking doesn't amp up or change at all and it is because they have nothing left to offer.

The Kriya is the only one that you could get access to rather openly, and it requires being initiated into the technique. Home | Hamsa Yoga would be your best bet, as he is a legitimate guru, and also has a list of teachers who can initiate you into the technique. My teachers are actually listed on the site, however they do not teach the Kriya anymore and whoever runs the site refuses to take them down off of it, and even Gurunath (who they are good friends with) has told this guy that they have other work to do.

Don't expect to do the kriya for the first time and go into some acid trip lol, it won't happen. You will however experience some various states, and many other symptoms but I won't tell you what they are so that you cannot blame them on some subconscious influence.

Other than that I could only offer that you wait until April and apply to my particular school. Coming Soon - Future home of something quite cool

The site is down right now for maintenance, maybe check it in a couple of days and read the introduction article to see if you have any interest.