Drug use during pregnancy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by UU_ood, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Who thinks this should remain illegal? It makes no sense to me how smoking and drinking while pregnant are perfectly legal but you can get arrested for using illegal drug while pregnant.

2. Dude, it doesn't matter if you're pregnant. You will get arrested for that shit regardless.... notice how you used the word "illegal" to describe it?

Or are you asking something else?

3. No you can't get arrested for testing positive in a drug test, unless you're on probation or some other legal trouble.

4. If you are drinking/smoking while pregnant you are endangering not only yourself but another human being. easy to understand really and it should remain like this. If your a guy and your pregnant lady friend likes to partake in both these activities you can always stop smoking/drinking for a little encouragement

5. Dude, i don't know where you're from, but you cannot go to jail for testing positive for marijuana while you're pregnant.

I know this for a fact. It is true, however, that a doctor can refuse to treat you unless you stop doing it.

I plan on vaporizing when I'm pregnant, I'll quit taking all these god awful pills, and just medicate with weed. I think that's a better alternative.

6. What do you mean it should remain like this? Drinking and smoking while pregnant isn't illegal. Also, you also believe that any activity that can cause harm to the fetus should be illegal while pregnant?

7. hmm I though it was. Sorry I'm not up to speed on pregnancy laws. I think it is morally wrong for someone to drink/smoke during a pregnancy. But people do it anyways and they are left to deal with the aftereffect for the rest of their life. I think some heads would turn if you saw a pregnant lady taking shots at the bar

8. this is a silly idea. certain drugs, like marijuana, help during pregnancy.

9. A law won't prevent people from doing things. This entire forum is witness to this fact. More laws telling more people they can't do more things won't stop anyone from doing anything.

When will people learn that laws don't work?

10. when everyone's dead?

11. What are, you 12? Do you really think laws stop people from doing shit? If you think laws stop people from breaking the law, I honestly doubt the fact that you're over 18, hell, I doubt you're over the age of 10. You'd have to be born yesterday, or be a liberal (Ah hell, why not) and/or a conservative, to think laws prevent the breaking of said laws.

12. nah man, i was agreeing with you. laws are a good illustration of god's test.

13. God doesn't exist, get out of here with that vapid non-sense.

14. lol oh, okay. i'll obey you.