Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

drug testing at kroger

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by blu3ree, Jan 13, 2014.

1. so its been like 7 months and a new year since i last tested positive for marijuana for the drug test that kroger gives my question is, how long do they keep the fact i failed their drug test on file?

when the guy from quest labs (the dude who analyzes the saliva swab) called he said i needed to check up with the manager who interviewed me (which i never did because i assumed since i failed i wouldnt get the job anyway) but he also asked for my social security # which my pea brain gave him #facepalm 

2. I think 6 months if I'm not mistaken.

3. if you fail a drug test at any company, move on. 

not even worth it to get on because if something happens and they find out you are out of a job instantly, and if youre like me, then you have bills to pay and you cant be out of work for even a day.

move on and find a new job.

4. Most places like Kroger and other chain stores do the initial screen just so they can claim a "Drug Free Work Place" in the public eye. Once hired, unless you try to file a worker's comp claim (drug tests are employer's number one way of getting out of paying) or do something to make them suspicious, they will most likely never test you again because honestly, it's not worth what it costs them.

6 months is a pretty typical waiting period for retail. I say give it another shot. Worst scenario case scenario is that they say no thanks.

If you'd like to try and find a job that doesn't test at all, then give food service a shot. If they tested, nearly every restaurant in the country would be severely short-staffed.

Good luck!