Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Drug Test Question? Ask here!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by iTokeat420, Feb 3, 2011.

1. I wouldn't chance it. Maybe have a few hits but not a half Oz. It's your choice tho. Way I look at it is weed laws will have to change within a few years. I'd be pissed if I smoked now, got fired because of it and then few years down the road it was made legal.

2. You might pass.... Tough to say really. Depends on the quality and if you were hitting a cartridge I'd say the thc content was around 60-70%

3. You’re right. It was 65% but I only had a few maybe 3 or 4 hits of it. Never even got a head change from it. The joint got me way more high

4. *edit, oh and I forgot to mention that the bud was good quality. Not sure of the exact strain or quality but I know it was purchased from a dispensary in Cali and pre rolled

5. I am going to test myself in the morning. I realized I ordered more drug tests online so I can now test myself frequently. The lowest test I have is 15ng and I have to be a zero. fingers crossed!

6. You want to read this post. Trust me.

Hi everyone. 40+ year old guy here. Been a corporate professional my whole life and I am at the end of mental hell about a pre-employment drug test. (Tomorrow's the day I piss.) Honestly, I am writing this post for people like me. No offense to all you parole folks and dudes getting jobs at Amazon, Home Depot, Target, etc. My two brothers are blue collar guys. I love you and I get it. I've never had a blue collar gig since I worked at a gas station in high school. From my vantage point, if I failed a pre-employment drug test for a Target gig, I'd just wait for the next retail job and be clean by then.

This post is for peeps like me. I'm a senior level executive well north of six figures who doesn't take any chances and will (begrudgingly) go to whatever lengths the risk/reward proposition math tells me that I should. I am a family man with a great marriage and great kids. I'm only doing what anyone else on this forum would do if they were in my shoes. I'm here to share how I've chosen to get through this thing.

I enjoy smoking. I believe it is a far preferable vice to alcohol. I have never done a stronger drug than alcohol or weed and think that going any further is essentially equivalent to giving up any hope of financial freedom or wealth. So if you want my thoughts on passing a drug test, read further.

Based on dozens of hours of educated study of the internet, and keeping in mind that I am a person with graduate level mathematics skills, I have to say that Urinecredible's advice on this forum is to be studied and appreciated. If anyone knows this person in real life, buy this person a beer or twelve. He speaks truth and is doing the pro-ganja community a massive favor here.

I found myself in the following position. I had an unexpected job offer pop up that was a true game changer for me. I highly-visible, senior executive position in a rapidly-rising technology company. I hadn't had to take a pre-employment drug test in nearly a decade despite having worked my way up the corporate ladder with various companies. And even back then, the drug tests were only for companies in banking, where you might expect to be drug tested.

I have been a five times per week smoker for years prior to the day I got the offer. As you might guess, I wasn't sitting at home blazing blunts all day. I'm a hustle guy. Almost all of my smoking was about an 1/8 of a bowl at 11pm after the wife and kids were in bed. So here are the "stats" that everyone likes to post:

6'3"
    180 lbs
    Daily smoker
    Consumes about 1 oz per year, probably less.
    Moderately active. I don't go to the gym and I'm not a runner, but I play basketball once or twice a week, work on my yard/house, and every now and then go for a bike ride around the lake.

When I found out I had to take a drug test, I wigged the fuck out. I read every single post on this forum. Every...single....one. I spent almost 48 total hours on the internet doing my research. Should I postpone? Should I sub? I read up about Quest and Labcorp. I drove to the nearby testing locations to scope it all out. I bought some Dr. Green's fake pee because one of my former employees is a stoner and she told me that she's passed multiple drug tests with it (including those under my own employment). I read that in my state, cheating a drug test is a misdemeanor. That freaked me the fuck out. But in the end, I figured that I wouldn't be hauled off to jail for a fake pee kit at a pre-employment drug test.

Here is my advice to folks like myself.

Buy a credible fake pee solution immediately as a worst-case plan B. I did everything I could to be able to pass naturally, but I was fully prepared to substitute if I had to. At the end of the day, failing a drug test because you pissed dirty or got caught using a substitute is the same result to your employer. You ain't getting the job either way. So be prepared to use a sub, and get that done post haste. Buy the tight underwear. Buy two fake pee kits, one for practice and one for game day. Spend the $100...well worth it.

Buy time. My offer letter said that I had to take a drug test in 24 hours. I told my new employer that I just put in my two weeks notice and was traveling on business to finalize my affairs, transition my work, train my replacement, etc. I actually had a relative pass away, which added some cover. Even if that doesn't happen, use that excuse and be sure not to share details about it. (For example, I said I was "out of town" for my relative's funeral and didn't mention where so that they couldn't reschedule the drug test for a facility in the town where I was traveling to. Ambiguity is your friend.)

Here's where your math skills come in handy.

Please, if you are job seeking, don't consume THC. It's just stupid. I read all these guys on this thread talking about having a last smokeout with homies and asking, "Can I smoke one or two times a week and still pass?" If you are asking these kinds of questions, you are a dumb motherfucker who doesn't deserve the job, nor any public assistance that you will inevitably apply for when you don't get the job. Don't be a moron. The moment you are in the job market, stop consumption. Period.

Next is to understand the concept of half-life. They say THC half life is, best case 3 days, worst case 10 days. If you are fat and sedentary, your half life is 10 days. If you run marathons and shit, you are probably 3 days. If you are like me (read stats above), then you are probably somewhere in between. But playing it safe, assume 10 days.

So you need to buy the at-home THC test kits. I bought a shitload on Amazon for very cheap. I made the mistake of buying only 50 ng/ml sensitivity ones first. To do it right, you should buy both the 50s and the 20 ng/ml sensitivity kits immediately. Buy lots of them. Enough for self testing like two times per day for the next 30 days. Don't wait...buy them right now. They are 99.5% accurate, and so enough of them are a nearly foolproof way of knowing whether or not you'll pass.

I also wish I had immediately contacted my family physician to ask for lab-based GC/MS test. This whole process involves knowing what your THC levels are, and that is the sure-fire best way to start in the know. It costs money, but I am not fucking around. I am playing in the big leagues of six- and seven-figure job opportunities here. I should have done that.

The first step is testing first piss daily until you pass a 50 ng/ml at home test. If you can pass that within a week of your last smoke, you are probably doing well. If you don't over-dilute your piss, you will most likely pass a standard Labcorp/Quest type pre-employment urine screen at that point.

If you didn't do the lab test with your own physician, these at home tests are your only benchmark. Next you will need to test yourself with the 20 ng/ml at home tests every day. On the first day you are able to pass your 20 ng/ml at home test, you now have two data points by which to calculate your own body's THC half-life. If you took any sort of math at the trig/pre-calculus level then this will be no big deal. If I could monetize it, I'd share with you all the spreadsheet I made for myself.

From there, you really only have to sweat whether, as Urinecredible says, your piss somehow gets sent into a lab. He/she (Urinecredible) says if you pass a 50 ng/ml screen, it ends there. But if you overdilute, then your piss might see a lab even if it passes a screen. So if you want to be extra, extra careful, use your handy half-life math skills to calculate what day you can clear the 10 ng/ml level. Then find a way, any way, to schedule your piss test for after that day when you calculated you'll clear 10 ng/ml.

The flushing/detox, etc. does not work. THC is stored in fat cells, and the only way to piss clean is to shed enough of the fat cells that are storing THC, then when you don't have a lot of them left, replace them with fat cells that are not storing THC. No matter what your weight, you need to shed your current fat cells FAST, through really, really, really, really hard sweating. Based on my own experience, running 5k three or four times per week will probably do the trick for almost anyone in three weeks times, assuming no additional THC consumption. And eat vegetables ONLY. Broccoli, cauliflower, beans, brussels sprouts. Tons of them. Live on that shit.

In summary...run 20k per week and eat nothing but hearty vegetables until your math says you cleared 10 ng/ml and you are golden.

Many of you will decide that such a regimen is simply too tough and not worth the job. The only question is how badly you want it. If you can't do this for 21-28 days then you just didn't really want it that bad.

I go in tomorrow to piss in a cup after following my Urinecredible-derived strategy. Let me know if you are interested in how this all turns out, and I will be sure to update the thread.

7. You should be fine. How many consecutive 15ng/ml tests have you passed? About three in a row and you are most likely golden.

8. You're a dumbass if you think this is a good strategy. If you have a drug test, stop consuming. Period. You don't deserve the scientific advice if you cannot take this simple first step.

9. #5969 Deleted member 616232, Feb 12, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2018
    Today was the first one. I didn't realize how many tests I had ordered so I was waiting until it was closer to the date I'm getting tested to start testing myself. . I am testing for court, not a job, so I HAVE to be clean. I am so grateful for this thread where I learned I had to pretty much fast in order to burn fat because I can't exercise because of severe back problems. Now I have plenty of tests to keep testing myself. I'll have my first one taken for diversion on 2-19. So, I still have time to eat veggies and fast 18 hours in between meals.

I haven't smoked since early December but I was an every day user, sometimes bud and sometimes concentrates. I knew it would take me around 60 days because I was in an in patient drug rehab for 6 weeks and never did pee clean. They were happy because my levels were going down every day, but kicked me out when my insurance ran out. That was 30 yers ago. I stayed clean for a number of years before I broke my back and started up again.

10. All about burning fat. Not necessarily losing weight. Burning fat. Sweating your ass off doesn’t equate to burning fat. You’ll lose lots of water weight. To burn the most fat at faster rate you need to do all the running and be in a caloric deficit. Your body doesn’t just skip over your full belly of pancakes and syrup you ate this morning to burn fat because you went on a run at noon. Your body will use the fuel in the tank first. Your stomach and there is probably way more food (caloric energy) in there .Only When fuel is depleted from there, THEN, it will use your body’s RESERVE FUEL that it’s been storing away. Your fat.

Eat light and super healthy and run long and hard. That type of sweat will get you shaving down your detox time at a fast rate. Just sitting in a sauna is not doing much. You’re sweating out mostly water, you’re not burning fat. I quess you go sit in there for 2 hours while starving and your body would be forced to access fat to get the energy it needs to metabolize quicker in an attempt to keep you cool. Point is it’s about forcing your body to target fat! This will not be done while you stuff your face. Intermittent fasting while heavy cardio will get you where you want to be faster.

11. Reborn Budsman,
    I am so grateful to you for giving me this information. Otherwise, I doubt I would pass on 2-19 if I had been just waiting it out, and not done the intermittent fasting. Thank you so much for your help!

12. Lmao you sound like a scam. You claim to make a million dollars a year and are posting on this site with a handle love2burn4real...... And your only advice was to sweat it out and eat vegetables.... Which doesn't even work that well. I call bullshit on this guy.

13. What he is saying is true. I was home testing myself and my levels did not go down until I started intermittent fasting. He isn't only saying to eat vegetables. He is saying you have to burn fat. That's where it's stored and where mine was just sitting until I started eating mostly vegetables and doing the intermittent fasting. Now I am down to 15ng/ml and hopefully when the drug police test me on Monday, by continuing to eat mostly vegetables and doing the intermittent fasting, I'll be at zero where I need to be to start diversion.

14. "In summary...run 20k per week and eat nothing but hearty vegetables until your math says you cleared 10 ng/ml and you are golden." It's hard to take anyone seriously that says they make a million a year and then says things like buy a shitload of at home tests, calls people dumb mother fuckers and creates a handle called love2burn4real. Talks down to blue collar workers and brags about his Math skills and he would share them but only if he could monetize his "spreadsheet"

15. Body Fat and THC - Can You Pass a Drug Test with Diet and Exercise? - Prof of Pot
    That link breaks down the process pretty good. While losing weight will help it isn't going to help if you have to do it quickly since the weight has to be body fat which isn't easy to burn off quickly. If you are an occasional smoker body fat isn't really going to matter much anyway because you wouldn't be consuming enough on a regular basis for the thc to store itself in your body fat.

16. Normal 56,

You don’t really bring anything useful to this discussion. You say things that you don’t really know much about. .

The problem is guys like you want to sit back and have SOMEONE else do the experiments instead of doing a very structured experiment yourself. one on your own body and the then having a real conversation about what YOU learned. You’d be asking a lot less questions.
    To recap, Working out if not enough. No. No way. You must workout while in a caloric deficit. ....you know what, it’s late and I’ve said this many times before.

• buy lots of home tests - YES
    •Change your diet to zero sugar and zero fat. Eat clean and fresh foods low in fat and no (or just tiny amounts) of carbohydrates like potatoes, pasta , rice etc.) just do meats and veggies. -YES
    And consume sugar free drinks but mostly water -YES
    Exercise while in an intermittent fasting ( which means you eat on only a 6-8 window within a 24 hour day. 6 hour window would be better!! You’ll be fine, it will trim you down by burning soley fat. and with the running you’ll be the fittest and trimmist you’ve been in a while.

Even if you have no drug test coming up you should do this: smoke for 3weeks as much as you want. Then stop and start your stopwatch on your phone after you take your last hit of bud. The just sit back and watch Netflix for weeks and checking your urine with home checks and see how long it takes to be clean enough to pass a 15ng test. Stop you stopwatch when you are clean

NOW

Smoke again for another 3 weeks the same way you did in the first experiment. But this time impliment intermittent fasting. And run 3 miles a day. Eat clean food. And test yourself often. Stop the stopwatch when you are clean.

Test Answer: the second experiment could possibly be done in half the time. Do IT!!

Then apologize for sounding so ignorant about the subject. And for insulting a poster who genuinely wanted to share his experience and help. Getting all bent out of shape about HIS life , how much he makes , OR what name he chose?? or his job or his tactics or advice, this only just makes you look petty. He talks the way he talks. Who cares.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. It may have sounded petty but the guy basically said he would only share his actual results/method if he could monetize it and then in summary just wrote eat vegetable and lose weight. I'm not saying what you are saying that losing weight isn't truthful but for a majority of the people needing to pass a piss test they aren't being told hey "I'm going to piss test you in a month" Also for a large portion of people that would need to lose weight to pass a test most likely need to drop quite a few pounds and that isn't going to be easy. I don't consume cannabis in a way that would make me fail a piss test ever, so I don't need to do experiments to see how fast I could remove it from my system. I was just posting links to a real site that used a more scientific approach with actual facts. Personal experience is great but really is full of "Could" and "possibly" or "might"

18. I also feel like I've posted useful information. OregonDaisy was confused about how to properly dilute her urine and I found a good link with what I thought were easy to follow steps and gave that information. I posted a link about consuming Activated charcoal to help speed up the removal process of THC metabolites. a proven method. I guess people can just take the information or not makes no difference to me.

19. I am again worried I will not be able to pee clean on Monday. My 15 ng/ml tests go from 200 down to 15. My 15 are still only showing a faint red line. I would think it would be getting darker the way the 200 and the 50 are.
    I called a local lab and found out what the cost is to test positive or negative. If it shows positive, I am going to call my drug police agency and tell them I have been throwing up all night and all monring and say I would be happy to come in and throw up all over their desk or is it possible to reschedule.

20. The flu IS going around....