Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

drug test for work

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by 010010ryan, Nov 19, 2012.

1. got a question, how do most employers test?

i work at a shoe store and they say they test randomly. my manager said she had worked there 3 years and never been tested but that she had people work 3 months and get tested 3 times....

so is it really random?

is it a piss test that will show up for a month or an oral swab thing?

and if they do decide to test me, should i take it knowing i will fail, or just refuse to take it? thats what a friend of mine said to do...

i know all places are different, but what have you blades expirience been?

2. Probably a pee test.

3. At lower paying jobs it's usually just a piss test. Refusing to take it gives them the option of firing you on the spot, because you're basically just admitting guilt.

Honestly I thought they changed the laws so that non-government jobs were only allowed to test during pre-employment phases unless it was something involving heavy machinery..... Thought unscheduled tests were against the rules now.

4. [quote name='"sektr"']At lower paying jobs it's usually just a piss test. Refusing to take it gives them the option of firing you on the spot, because you're basically just admitting guilt.

Honestly I thought they changed the laws so that non-government jobs were only allowed to test during pre-employment phases unless it was something involving heavy machinery..... Thought unscheduled tests were against the rules now.[/quote]

I'm pretty damn sure you are right. The only time they can test you randomly is if you were obviously fucked up on the job performing poorly or if you get injured.

5. yea i know workmans comp will have a drug test, but im at a shoe store... i doubt ill need that. but i googled the illegal random testing and nothing came up but if someone finds something on it, lemme know lol

6. You should be fine at a shoe store. There really isn't any need for them to test you again. That's just what me thinks.