drug test at doctor's office?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by MonteTheSpliff, Sep 25, 2012.

1. i was just wondering if anyone had any info on the urine samples you sometimes have to provide when visiting the doctor. do they look for any thc and if not, can they still discover it when they're inspecting the urine? (hope this makes sense im pretty baked)

2. If they find it they wont care....

3. they are gonna know whats in your system.
    just be honest with them, especially if it is your regular doctor.

shit i told mine when he asked for a urine sample & he was actually quite cool with it.
    went something like this,

me - ya im gonna fail for pot.
    dr - oh thats fine, nothing else right?
    me - nah man i keep it natural.
    dr - well thats good.

4. If they do test for it, thanks to privacy laws they can't do shit with it

And they would likely only be testing for drugs if you went in there expressing some symptoms that may be brought on by drug use so they can a) know what's up and b) not prescribe you shit that will kill you on top of your drug habits

But for a physical they aren't looking for drugs hahahah

5. well that sets my mind at ease. thank you fellow blades

6. I think they have to specifically test for it to find it. I am not 100% sure. A friend who had his urine analysed by the doc for some shit said to him that they won't find drugs unless they look for it.

7. [quote name='"TopDawgEnt"']I think they have to specifically test for it to find it. I am not 100% sure. A friend who had his urine analysed by the doc for some shit said to him that they won't find drugs unless they look for it.[/quote]

Yea I went to the doc with this weird numbness happening and the doc did a full panel drug test that was separately ordered from the normal analysis

However it was a blood test hahaha so... I asked him why he didn't just ask me about my drug use and he told me what you would assume "most people lie because they think we can get them in trouble" and they didn't charge for the test or anything since I didn't request it

8. [quote name='"MonteTheSpliff"']well that sets my mind at ease. thank you fellow blades[/quote]

Not trying to call you out just giving you advice BUT I notice you have few posts/ just joined so if you are under 18 they can and probably will tell your parents everything

9. well i'm not living with my parents so i guess i should be good?

10. Yeah bro as long as your over 18 then your parents can't access your records or info

11. Parents or no parents, it's only about the age. Say no more :)

12. I'm sure they see it.

13. Not 100 percent sure but I think a lot of times when they ask for a urine sample at the doc is to screen for blood in the urine. Might just be a broken bone thing though.

14. [quote name='"Ratio"']Not 100 percent sure but I think a lot of times when they ask for a urine sample at the doc is to screen for blood in the urine. Might just be a broken bone thing though.[/quote]

They can tell all sorts of shit via urine. Liver issues, kidney issues, bladder issues. Certain infections are tested for that would only be present in urine just to be sure

I think they also test for the metabolites you pass from sugars and stuff... but blood sugar issues may only be detectable through the blood... not sure hahahha

15. lol they're doctors they don't care. this isn't the stone age.
    i mean, if you fail for unmentionables or the like you might get a lecture and an appointment with the health department though

16. Unless you're a suboxone patient or you're getting prescription painkillers from this doctor you won't be drug tested. Most doctors who are giving out pain meds test to see if the patient is actually taking the medicine or just selling it. At least that's what I saw during my year of rotations.

All we're looking for when we run a urine sample on a routine patient is renal function or a UTI if that's what we're thinking. We don't care if you're smoking pot.