Drug Rankings - Do you agree?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Delta223, Dec 14, 2009.

1. This source is considered one of the most accurate and objective rankings of the harmfulness of various drugs:

You can’t handle the truth - The Boston Globe

It looks a but strange to me; I don't know too much about other drugs but I heard LSD and ecstacy put holes in your brain. Do you guys think the list is fairly accurate?

2. looks good to me

3. The list is incorrect because steroids causes more harm to a family/love ones and even society compared to cannabis. Some of the drugs I'm not familar with, but exstecy (sp?) should definetly be higher that cannabis.

I havn't met anyone that OD from cannabis! -lmao

4. lsd and ecstacy puts holes in your brain? lmao

last i checked both drugs were pretty much completely harmless to your health whereas marijuana puts smoke in your lungs when smoked, but that's just about it.

5. i dont think i agree with that too much. how can you say cannabis is more harmfull than ecstasy?

i dont get it

6. We all know most myth's are false surrounding drugs spewing out of the dare program, however considering the POSSIBILITIES that you can overdoes off of Ecstasy and LSD considering if a mistake was make in the amount the user took can either lead to a fatality. No matter the circumstance on cannabis it cannot kill you, and the article was describing the harmfulness of these drugs on family, love ones, and society and how harmful it is towards those rather than the user. Considering LSD and or ecstasy are both harmful to a family well being/society than cannabis.

7. Feeding the trolls is harmful to one's own health.

The more you know...CAUSE KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!

8. Shiet, Im addicted to marijuana.

9. I call shenanigans on that list.

There's no way that sniffing solvents is safer than Cannabis.

10. I took acid and now I have a hole in my brain.

Luckily I fill it with weed smoke and it all balances out.

11. #11 Miguel420, Dec 14, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
    I think the list is based on risk to society, not to the user. So that would explain solvents and steroids being low down. Also they might have based "ecstacy" on pure mdma, which is probably less dangerous than cut-to-shit street e pills

edit: actually it's based on risk to society and the user...

12. steroids are extremely dangerous to society, I've seen this that I know from the gym, we all knew he did roids, this dude beat the fuck out of his wife at a BBQ shit was intense.
    I didn't do shit to stop him, Like bill burr said," she picked him!

Yes, I'm a troll and I got evicted from under my bridge dam those foreclosures.

13. I think anabolic steroids should definitely be further up on the ranks, that shit is pretty bad.

And I don't see what's so dangerous about benzos.

14. lol, is this guy for real? name one drug that is COMPLETELY harmless, and i will show you a liar.

BTW- im very much a psychonaut, i love pyschedelics, but i AT LEAST recognize that what i am doing has some detrimental effects on my health.

15. The poster above me is completely right. All drugs have a potential for harm to either the body or the mind. Cannabis, while THC is harmless as we all know, is still usually smoked and the smoke is still bad for your lungs. There's alot of disputed claims whether it's more or less harmful than tobacco smoke, but either way, lungs were not made for inhaling smoke, they were made to inhale air/oxygen, and therefore, it's not good for the lungs either way just as any smoke isn't.

16. The top half of the chart appears to be in the correct order, but after cannabis, it all goes downhill.

17. i said pretty much completely harmless to the health. please prove me otherwise...

the main danger of LSD is by far the chance of having a "bad trip" and health risks really aren't why LSD is considered "bad" by any means

never done MDMA, never will, but pretty sure its not too bad other than psychological effects, dont quote me on that one though.

and weed isnt bad for you other than lung damage. argue about it making you lazy, whatever, thats not health effects...

18. thats not what im saying, whether MDMA puts holes in the brain or not, there is enough negative side effects, that one cannot in any sane state of mind call these drugs "almost harmless"

- for example, MDMA can lead to dehydration and as a result of dehydration, death, sounds HARMFUL huh?

LSD- while its much less toxic than say alcohol, LSD is still harmful, nothing that causes such great changes in mood, brain activity, etc, cannot be completely harmless, for christ's sake, it stay in your body for up to 12 hours.. its doing something negative towards your body.

19. that was a really good article

im not gonna begin arguing about the dangers of drugs, when i, nor anybody else here, have any research other than own experience

just b/c "it lasts in your system for 12 hours" doesnt mean its harming your body while its in there

btw, LSD's LD50 is 46 mg/kg

where a strong effect is only 200 ug (micrograms)

lets see- me being 59.1 KG would need 27.186 GRAMS of lysergic acid

anyway....every bad trip ive ever come out of, ive learned alot about myself, and was grateful for what i had learned