Drug education class

Discussion in 'General' started by ray0408, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Why isnt this a thing in education? It should be mandatory (upto a certain age), to take classes in drug education/substance abuse. I mean think of all the unnecessary harm it could prevent.

I feel as though mainstream society is willfully being ignorant to the fact people WILL at one point in their life experiment with drugs. They should be educated in the risks and safety precautions etc. I dont mean as in promoting drugs at all, not even weed since these are kids we're talking about. They should not discuss the positives as this 'could' encourage them. Im not being stupid, these are youths which are likely to be influenced. Im thinking more along the lines of teaching them about all the risks involved in each drug they are likely to encounter and how to help one another if a Trip/high goes south. This will help them make an informed decision as to whether or not to use.

Nowadays, its just ' this is illegal so its bad, dont do it'. But come on, teens will do it anyway if we're being realistic. If they're properly educated it will make them think twice, and it most definitely would minimise any risks associated with lack of knowledge.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Ignorance is bliss and capitalizing labor forces to facilitate drug education doesn't fit the defense budget.

3. Rationality in the War On Drugs?
    Perish the thought.

They'd rather try to scare the kids
    than provide them with useful information.

Try getting the truth about drugs or sex in
    the classroom and you'll have all the parents
    in a twist.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. When I was in JR High school that's all they talked about. People would come in from these anti-drug organizations and warn us all of the dangers of this, that and the third. I thought this was a pretty common occurrence.

5. They do.

D.A.R.E

6. They institutionalize the concept of middleschool with 8th grade. For buoyancy, and safety.

7. wat

8. The consensus among the average individual in my country is that Marijuana causes brain damage, addiction and violent behavior in teenagers.

Little do people know that most marijuana users here actually MIX alcohol and marijuana, due to the low supply of good cannabis we currently have.

Yeah, drug education would be great, considering how it's a pretty BIG fucking thing in our lives .. but since when has true, scientific reason ever been policy?

• Like Like x 1
  9. If they had truthful drug education it would expose the hypocrisy of the whole damn system. It's better to keep kids confused than tell them pot's safe but keeping it illegal provides lots of jobs for law enforcement and the legal system.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yes, it is important to provide drug classes at a certain age. People should know what is right and what is wrong if a person takes high consumption of any drug.
    Education on RSA and RSG provides huge knowledge on it.