Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Drug Dogs (Not another weed on flight thread)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Bleeze, May 4, 2013.

1. Hey GC. I'm worried. Tomorrow will be the first time i've ever been on a plane and am worried about drug dogs sniffing me out. Basically, I won't be taking any paraphernalia or weed with me but am worried that dogs will detect the weed smell on my clothes or Ipod case (used to be my stash). Many of you are gonna say "Doesn't matter, even if they do detect it, you don't have anything on you so they won't do anything", but the problem is that my parents are coming so I don't even want the dogs to be near me as I don't want them to find out. I smoked yesterday and didn't wash the clothes, but the smell went away. I cleaned my backpack so it doesn't smell but my ipod case smells a little but it'll be along with my clothes in a bag. Do you think I'll be fine?

2. It doesn't sound like you should be worried. I thought they just put you through an x-ray and molested you :confused_2:

3. Dude you have nothing to worry about. I've gone to the airport wearing the same clothes I smoked in earlier.
    Either way if you don't have anything on you, no worries

4. yep.

you got nothing to worry about man. the dogs you see at the airport are bomb sniffers.

5. Ironic how the guy who reeks of booze isn't given a second thought.

OP, I really think you'll be fine here. I can only imagine how this drug-sniffing landscape has changed with not only MMJ patients flying about the country, but also now people who are now flying to Washington or Colorado state to engage in it for recreation.

I can only imagine how Denver airport smells pretty much all the time, much less a couple of weekends ago when our own Cannabis Cup was being hosted. :D

Relax, I think you'll be fine. If they do hit on you, just shrug it off to a "routine check" with your parents. You won't be carrying, so it's not like they're gonna find evidence.

6. Thanks man, you eased my paranoia

7. Well they serve it on the plane to start

8. you sir are paranoid as fuck......

9. You never know it could happen, and I personally wouldn't want to put myself and my parents through getting our shit searched and ripped through...especially if they didn't know I smoked. Do you really need to bring the case with you?

10. No I kinda don't but I have ultra OCD and I really feel the need to for some reason but I might just leave it as its what smells the most.

11. On a domestic flight you wont run into any drug dogs. On an international flight there could be drug dogs, but that is very unlikely. As mentioned earlier just play it off. For all they know you shook someones hand that touched weed/had residual odor on them.

12. Damn good advice, shame you needed help figuring this out OP.
    This is a good one.

13. If it doesn't smell, then you'll probably be fine. I'd wash it again and spray some air freshener or cologne on it just in case. Dogs can usually smell even the faintest scents that humans can't pick up.

14. The case smells abit but its closed so i can't even smell at all from outside, well at least not by a human.

15. More than likely you'll go to the airport, some dogs will bark at you, someone will mistaken you for Chris Dorner, and you'll get shot.

16. I wouldn't even take it then. Just make something homemade after you arrive at your destination.

17. Nevermind, I brought it and it passed through no problem.

18. had k9's hit on my fingers coming off of a cruise once. had just smoked my last joint 15 minutes prior. just had this look on my face like ':p' the whole time the customs dude asked me questions, didn't get searched or nothing he just asked me if i had smoked weed while in the bahamas (i said yes) and then if i had any with me (i said no)... then it was have a nice day sir. pretty funny experience