Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Drug/alcohol screening, do they test both for drugs?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by PulseShock, Aug 26, 2016.

1. I have a urine/blood test for a drug/alcohol screening. I have synthetic urine but I was wondering if 9 days is long enough to pass, I smoked last night and found out I have a test today on the 2nd. I smoke roughly .5 grams a day for about 5 years. Has anyone ever had to take a blood and urine test? Is it possible they only test the blood only for alcohol and not drugs too since I'm taking a urine test also? Or are they just testing my blood for, AIDS, diabetes, and other insurance stuff? I'm freaking out here, I can't fail this test it's for a job making 20 an hour at a hospital.. a lot of sites I found like

Blood Drug Test FAQs...Drug Testing Information

Say detection times are at most a week for even heavy users. And other sites say it can stay in blood for months.. any help please.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. You're fucked. Not a snowballs chance in hell. 9 days is simply not enough with the frequency you smoked. If it were a dipstick u/a I would say theres a possibility of passing with dilution. Definitely use the synthetic urine.

Theres no way you will pass the blood test if it's for drugs. If THC is still in the fat it's still releasing into your bloodstream at a constant rate. You may want to research whether the blood testing is for drugs or diseases, it's possibly both though. I would research if warfarin would work, then again you would have to be able to get that, it's a longshot but worth looking iinto.

Good luck and please stop making these threads in multiple sections.

3. I'm not worried about the urine, I have synthetic.

What source are you getting that my blood won't be clean in 9 days? Many sites say 2-7 days for frequent smokers. I would just like to know how you're coming to that conclusion.

4. Are you just going to keep makings threads asking the same question until you hear what you want to hear?

OK man I'll put your mind at ease. You're fine. There's no reason you shouldn't pass already. It's just simple little drug test. Don't sweat it

Feel better? Only time will tell man. Good luck

• Like Like x 3
  5. It depends what level they test for and your metabolism and weight. 5ng or less could always be in your blood since it's releasing from your fat cells constantly. After 7 days the level might taper down and no more active thc will be there, but the inactive metabolites from your fat could still be your blood.

6. Trying to find someone that has had to to take both a urine and blood test. There's a difference between a blood test for alcohol, pathological disease, and drugs. It's not a one size fits all test. Thanks though bud!

7. Right. That's what I'm worried about mostly, the fat releasing into the blood stream. Luckily I have a very high metabolism and low body fat. I'm mostly wondering if it's possible they would only be testing my blood for disease, or alcohol. Why would they test both my urine and blood? Also, it's extremely hard to test urine for alcohol, which is why im thinking the blood test is for alcohol only.

8. I would think the blood test was to look for pathogens or disease. It is a hospital after all. There are urine and swab tests for alcohol that are accurate and used for employment and corrections. I used to get blood tested every month for work(not hospital) and they never brought up any other substance. You should research other people's experiences with blood testing when being hired at a hospital and what they look for. Google will bring some other forums up that may help

9. Thanks man, one of the few that hasn't just said "oh you're fucked" lol.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Also when you say you were blood tested and no other substance came up, you mean like nothing other thc showed up?

11. THC never came up. They were looking specifically for lead or other chemicals. Blood tests are very specific is what I assumed because I would have been fired for thc.

12. Still no need to make posts all over the board though, Chief. It's just the same people seeing it multiple times.

He was actually the first to say that:
    See?

Anywho, you honestly don't have a very good chance. .5g a day for 5 years builds up and can take time to get rid of. Usually when you see things about time in your system, it's best case not worst case or even average. Also, those timelines often don't refer to someone who smokes every day. A lot also has to do with weight and exercise. A few years ago I was going through medical tests in order to test a new drug to treat something. I wasn't accepted into the study because even without using for 3 months, and running 3 miles or biking 20 miles 5 times a week, I kept testing positive. Weed just wouldn't leave my system. And at that time, I'd been smoking about 0.1g a day for about a year.

I wish you the best of luck.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Ah okay. That's kind of what I thought too, but all the 'experts' on here said all blood tests are the same and all test for drug metabolties. It just doesn't make any sense as to why they'd test my urine for metabolites AND my blood, seems a little like overkill. Either way I'm gonna play it safe and not smoke. Do you think it would be suspicious if I emailed the HR lady and asked what the blood test was for?

14. I'll probably continue to make threads until an actual moderator says it's against the rules, and not just a random user, until I feel satisfied I have exhausted all the resources. It's my life not yours, a couple duplicate threads won't make the universe implode, I promise.

He was referring to the actual urine test itself, not the blood test. Either way he still has provided more help than anyone so far, so actually posting more than one thread has been fruitful.

I get you failed your blood tests, but you weren't being tested for a pre-employment drug/alcohol test that used both urine and blood. There are many different types of blood tests, especially when it comes to pre-employment for a hospital job.

15. From the little research I did on Google it appears the UA is for drugs and the blood test is for pathogens Obviously no idea if its the same for every health care facility but from what I've read blood tests are only to look for health abnormalities.

All you can do is think positively and hope everything goes well, as there is no one definite answer for your issue. Good luck

16. LOL because on the shelf down at Drug Tests R Us there are tests marked PRE-EMPLOYMENT ONLY and FOR ALL OTHER REASONS. You have no idea what type of tests I was taking, OP. Don't be ignorant. While I was trying to provide a useful example as that's what you asked for above, it's 100% clear that you are definitely just looking for someone to tell you you're going to pass.

Good luck with that.

17. Hi PulseShock,

I'm doinYoda, a moderator here at the City.
    Sneaky Snake gave you good info. We don't allow multiple threads on the same topic, posted all over the forum. One thread is sufficient. We also appreciate it when threads are posted in the appropriate forum. This thread should be in Tokers Q&A, so I'll move it for you.

Please refrain from posting multiple threads on the same topic in the future.

18. Thanks man. Any chance you have the links to sites you went to? If not it's cool. Really appreciate brother.

19. You obviously took a test that was testing for trace amounts of drugs. There are many different types. You could be tested for alcohol, drugs, disease, blood count, nicotine, etc. It's not a one size fits all test. You of all people should know that. I'm looking for someone who has had to take a blood AND urine test. Pretty simple.

20. Hey look an actual mod! No sneakysnake didn't give me good info, he tried but failed. Thanks for moving the thread hopefully I can get some more help lol.