dRtJmPr's t5 LST grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by xXx_dRtJmPr_xXx, Nov 19, 2011.

1. BTW, for those of you that are just stopping in, the lights are within 2 inches of the top canopy and no more than 6 inches from the training board. The panda-film flaps are normally tied up to the light system so that it makes a 1)wind tunnel & 2) focuses as much light as possible.

Sorry I forgot to take a picture of the stalk in the smart pot and how well she's trained.

I did transplant my other two plants into 30 gallon smart pots... I still think I have a male in one of them but it's still in the veg program... gonna start shortening the light schedule in the veg room week by week to try the progressive deal in about 10 days.

2. Sounds like they need a bike mechanic to finish the assembly.

3. Or something. People were complaining about loose electrical connections (!)

4. Yikes! That's sketchy.

5. Batboys are extremely fragile I will say that. However the footprint of them is unbeatable.

6. Fed them heavily with bat guano tea. I'm going to wait 2 days and give them pure water on the 15th and on the 17th and then judge if the 19th needs a nute feeding or not. I should be able to take good pictures by then if my camera stuff shows up and I get the hardware swapped out. Then she'll be nearing 1 month full month in flowering and really showing herself.

7. Fun plant bro

8. Thanks fif3l. I'm looking forward to the end result! Absolutely love the Durban Poison organic.

9. Will start one soon. It's actually going to be a 32 bulb grow now. The bulbs are 54 watts.

Bulbs are, Red Suns, Fuji Purples, Daylight 6500k and Super Actinics.

10. Getting frosty. I'm fixing the LCD screen on my camera as we speak. So, these look good, but can look clearer and better. Anyway, I gave it a good heavy watering with guano tea today. Looking forward to the next week update. It's certainly filling out and the kolas are getting dense. I picked out dead leaves from under the canopy and it's getting sticky just working with it. I hate disrupting any glands but it's smelling so sweet and so good. Just like good ole' organic Durb.

Attached Files:

11. She really reminds me of a SOG, but she's one plant.... I keep forgetting to take a picture of the stem in the smartpot, it's rediculous. Next picture update... I promise. This training board helps keep the soil mixture from drying out, blocks out light from penetrating the soil subsurface (which I think is helping the Great White Mycorrhizae mix flourish), and it reflects more light at the dense canopy. I really want an 8 bulb t5 setup and utilize the wide spectrum setup, along with using the light schedule decreasing from 18/6 to 17/7, 16/8, 15/9, 14/10, 13/11, 12/12. Could start it off at 24 on instead. Thinking I should chart it out in an excel document and write feedings into it for a better track record too. Welp, that will be something to look forward to in the future.

Try, Do, Learn, Adapt, Repeat.

12. #52 JonJonJon, Dec 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2011
    just stopped by to sub. Awesome grow ive never seen an LST done like this, really cool

Jw - would you be able to get apic of the stem and the plant branching off it? just curious to see what it looks like. :)

13. Looks like your doing pretty damn good with your 4 bulb. Did you ever mix up the bulbs spectrum wise? Kinda looks like there's some red and actinic-ish bulbs in there. Not too late to do it now.

14. Thanks Biff! I have a single 6500K blue bulb in the mix. Had it since day 1 of flowering. It helps balance the plant hormone production for sure. This is the first time I've used it and the nugs are developing to be more dense and it seems to be healthier. Although with my last grow, I pruned the shit out of it.... I'm trying to not stress it out this round because it's getting extreme LST'd which should be stressing her out enough as is. I can't wait to go to 8 bulb.... then I'll go with a wider spectrum and I'll have more room to train on. It's been tough to keep the sides under light.

15. Thanks for stopping in JonJonJon! Glad you like the development. I brainstormed up the training board after thinking of how my previous LST training with wires seemed like a pain in the ass and was harder to keep things level and that there is so much light lost after the canopy AND that my smartpots seemed to dry out too quickly. So, this time around it's keeping the soil moist longer which helps reduce stress caused from drying and allows more nutrient uptake over time and it also reflects a considerable amount of light back which is key when working with t5's because the limited penetration capabilities.

I'm looking forward to the drying day. I've got a medical grower buddy that laughed at me when I told him I expect 3 oz. He saw it 3 weeks ago though when I told him what I thought. His partner was intrigued though. I don't have the luxury of HPS and MH over 99 plants though *LOL*. I feel I am doing a responsible grow with decreased footprint due to the lower electricity use and the organic nutrients. What they do, is just that, a factory. Thus chem nutes and electricity aren't as big of a concern for them. Plus they have a warehouse space, I have a cabinet. Don't get me wrong, I respect what they're doing but I personally feel that chem nutes have an adverse effect on the overall flavor and feel.

For sure. I will definetly take a picture of the stem and of the branching. I never fimmed it or topped it either. I'm curious how an Indica would turn out, probably would need to be fimmed. I'll get it with the next picture update. It'll be a few days yet, prolly two more regular waterings.

16. I don't know, you can't have it all :) I mean, you have a nice flat SOG with very consistent buds. Keeping the sides more under-lit, to me at least, would mean you would need more height, which leads to other issues mostly uneven bud heights.

17. Just wanted to stop in and saw nice job man! You've definitely utilized your grow space. All the training you've done looks great. Good luck in the weeks to come!

18. Fixed my camera LCD screen to my camera. $20 fix. I should do it as a part-time job, so that those corporate companies can suck it. They charge like $80-100 to fix the shit. I've built my own computer and helped fix my buddies laptop... shoulda' gone into computer sciences... unfortunately, I'm misguided youth and couldn't decide which major to choose, went from one to another. Graduated, but strugglin' and lookin' for a career... working the daily grind for $4 more than minimum wage. Anyway, I get easily off track, I'll get some pics up next watering on the 25th.

-A man of many talents, master of none.

This might make y'all chuckle: I have a buddy that is balding in the back top part of his head and he said this, "It's a solar panel for a sex machine". Friar Tuck must have been one helluva' machine :D

19. Photo update: I retrained a few, got the stem shot, massaged the smartpot to loosen up the root and allow more space in the side walls as well. By massaging it, I was able to put several scoops of worm-casting / ocean's harvest blend into the side walls and recap the top. In doing so, the build up of bat guano that looks like sand was able to be mixed in with it and the new soil acted like a cap... thus it should stimulate a little more root development to pull nutes from the previous top soil which as been receiving tea watering. I moved the lights as close as I could get them and feel comfortable. Should continue to see density increasing and development. Furthermore, the massage will stress the plant (only a little bit), temporarily and thus increase potency as it gears up it's "defenses". I really wish y'all could smell how sweet this girl is. Prolly the sweetest smelling durb I've grown yet.

Attached Files:

20. That looks so badass.

How much do u yeild from that process