Drove off with the gas pump still attached...

Discussion in 'General' started by Ayron, May 3, 2011.

1. i'll grill ya they call me george foreman because it takes four-men to beat me in a battle of whits

2. can you please stop with these massive damn pictures of asian people i'm china have a conversation here

3. Nah its cause it takes four men to provide enough meat to fill your grill

oh SNAP the duality of that statement is just too much for me lol

4. sir-soggy sense of humour you wet blanket ass

5. #65 Ayron, May 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Yeah like the oil companies have soo much good karma built up lol. Also my house burnt down when I was 4 cause of a gas leak so I needed to get my revenge. Also nice word play haha you guys sure are "punny"

6. What do the oil companies have anything to do with this? Does the overwhelming "wrongness" of one wrong-doer, justify your acting as however you please?

7. Also I didn't see any signs saying I couldn't do that. Only not to smoke, leave my car running, or top off the tank.

8. Gotta love this country: if there isn't any indication for you to not do something: it must be free game, right? ;)

9. #69 Ayron, May 4, 2011
    I'm obviously kidding lol. The gas station was in the wealthiest area of the wealthiest county in my state so I hope they are good on cash there

10. Calm down. What's the worst that can happen? You explain to them that you were in a hurry and it was a mistake. The worst they'll do is make you pay for it.

11. #71 Ayron, May 4, 2011
    The one guy was talking bout how his friend got felony charges for doing what I did. :(

12. I wouldn't worry about that. Like Roy said: the worst that will happen is that they will make you pay (but probably go out of their way to make sure you pay the full price in it's entirety: i.e. what would have normally been a $100 for a trivial fix, being a $250 charge to replace the line, ect).

What I would worry about, is going through life dodging accountability (but that is just me).

13. Respect!

14. Hahahahahaha that literally made me LOL.I don't know what to really tell you though,man.You probably should have went back inside and told them.

Were there alot of people there?I'd been laughing my ass off.

15. Hahah I can see myself doing that if I was ripped out of my mind haha

16. I am impressed. I honestly had never even considered people doing this. You've surprised me OP :)

I'd hope that there won't be any comeback, i'd hate to think how much they'd try charging to repair that.

17. I don't know about it being a felony... It was accidental damage, so it's not vandalism either. More just a case of negligence. But they do know who you are, they have cameras set up to catch people filling up without paying. Don't be surprised if they send you a letter, with a possible fine. I'd be surprised if it became a police issue but it's not impossible. I can understand why you would run though, that would be extremely embarrassing.

18. #78 SIRSOG, May 4, 2011
    Yes, pulling the thing off isn't a felony, leaving the scene makes it felony territory. They can nail you with fel crim mischief for almost anything man, a van puposefully tried to run me over once, yes on purpose. I kinda jumped out of the way, and swung my arms in the process just out of natural reaction, my arm dented said van, and the people in the van said I just walked up and punched the van, at my place of work, when I was obviously going out to put the "don't park here" thing on their windshield (I was still holding it, they just backed out and tried to run me the fuck over). Long story short, I got my charges dropped by the da but I was going to get fel crim. Mischief for defending my life against....a fuckin van. Those people are probably still paying fines though, they ended with some form of vehicular assault (I know that's not it lol, but along those type of lines cause that charge doesn't exist).

19. Same thing happened to my friend: it only cost him $100 (though he went in to tell the attendant).

My experience with damaging property of businesses: if you own up and tell them about your mistake, they try to make things easier for you. If you try to run and hide: they will make sure your accountable for EVERYTHING and then some....

A story: when I first bought my quad cab Dodge Ram, I was having a hard time getting used to the dimensions. I backed up into a handrail in my doctor's parking lot and bent the fuck out of it, as I was leaving from my appointment. I went inside and told them what happened, we came out to look at the rail: they let me go!

20. I don't want to argue with you because I don't live in the country and your laws don't apply to me, but since this guy didn't threaten anyones life directly I have a feeling the charge wouldn't be too severe.