Dropping out of high school?

Discussion in 'General' started by hansarvin, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Who here has done it? Do you regret doing it? Is it still possible to make a good living? I've been toying around with the idea lately. If I did I was planning on getting my GED and then going to community college. I'm just sick of all the bullshit associated with high school, especially the little kids and doing classes that are just useless busy work for standardized tests. Thanks for your input guys and gals!

2. no no no no no no man plz dont its like one of the worset things you can ever do. schooling will get you everywhere in life man, just still with it

3. Bad idea..especially now.

4. Well seeing as how you must be 18 (right?) that means this is your last year. Just suck it up and finish.

5. I'm 18 yea, and this should be my last year but I will be a 5th year senior because of dumbassery the past 3 years (before I started smoking ironically enough).

6. Finish man, it is worth it. A GED will get you places these days, but if you can finish HS you wont regret it. A high school diploma is always<GED

-C

7. i absolutely hated high school i skipped quite a bit cause i just hated being in that place. But i still keep my shit together and graduated, but i hated everyday, dont drop out if you cant get through something as simple as highschool wut can u do? place was a joke

8. i don't get why some people hate highschool so much. 10th-12th grade (when i started doin drugs) was probably the best time of my life along with the summer after graduation. It was all downhill from there.

Enjoy having little responsibilities. I'd rather go to school and sit on my ass then have to go to work just to give other people my money.

9. dont do it. just finish it. you will be glad you did. iknow so many people who have dropped out and everyone says they regret quitting

10. ^This.

Honestly, there's absolutely no reason, whatsoever, to not finish highschool. Only people who are lazy, or just incredibly stupid, make the choice of dropping out of something that pretty much amounts to a no-brainer.

If you're a 5th year senior you should have even more drive to grow up and finish what you started. Quitting now will make you a loser in the eyes of your school faculty, and likely most of your friends. Seriously, high school is a cake-walk compared to what happens after highschool (unless you want to live life as a burn-out, or a junkie).

11. Just do what you have to do and finish. College won't be a whole lot better, just different bullshit. Man up and do what you gotta do.

12. Why the hell would you drop out you're senior year? You've already had to go to school for 12 years of you're life, so why would you make all those years pointless? Suck it up and do you're work, it's not that hard..

13. stay in school brojojojo

14. If you drop out, you're going to sodomize your future.

If you're 18, just finish school, man.

I felt the same way, as I am sure a number of us did, and now that I am going to university, it will all work out. Fuck this town and fuck everyone, hahaha. I'm gone, and you'll be glad to be gone too, with your diploma in hand...

15. Once u start going to college, it doesnt matter whether you have your ged or diploma. Lots of people hate highschool, especially people who mature more quickly. Maybe like adult education program like i did would be something you liked

16. I was a hiring manager for a few major corporations. It DOES matter. People notice it.

17. In todays society, it is more important than ever to stay in school and graduate. Even a GED is worthless now days, employers look at those as nothing more than a piece of paper.

With our present economy, the rising unemployment rates, and most states raising minimum wages, they will no longer even look at you if you do not have a high school diploma, so finding even a minimum wage job can be very difficult.

I did some shit my tenns, 2 juvie stints, runaways, all that shit, but I still graduated, and even went on to college and did quite well there. And OSG is right, until you get into a masters program college in the first 4 yrs is much like going to high school, same shit, different age group, about the same maturity levels though. Stick with it.

less

18. The only difference in undergraduate college is you have a bit more freedom and they won't drug test you.

Other than that, you still have to take bullshit classes that you'll never need. You'll still deal with idiot teachers. You'll still deal with immature, idiot children.

19. God knows I have a ton of them too.

20. I prefer my affliction with autodidactism.