Dropping off the grid

Discussion in 'General' started by Alphå, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Has anyone ever had this idea?

We're stuck in a world of war.

More people vote for Americas Idol then they do for the presidential elections.

Modern Society- driven by Hollywood, MTV, and the mass media have completely worked us over. We are slaves to them. We are all subjected to become victims of propaganda, in one way or the other.

We are constantly having moral values pounded into our head by people who don't have the faintest grasp on the concept.

I wish there was some way I could just drop off the GRID.

Maybe live in a remote cabin somewhere- but I guess theres no such thing as remote in the lower 48 states anymore... this world is becomming crowded.

Society has shoved all of this BULLSHIT so far down our throats its coming out of our collective asses still in their grasp.

Where can I escape?

2. is suicide on the table?
    just kidding. move to canada.

3. What he said.

4. Its not a matter of what country I live in... Countries don't matter anymore.

5. You must be fucked up on something if you think countries dont matter anymore :p.

As for that american idol voting shit, You have to be 18+ to vote for president... All you need to vote for american idol is a cellhpone, so thats why more people vote for them than the president.

But move to iceland or new zealand... Maybe the outback in australia?

6. Ever been to Alberta?

7. Choice #1: Challenge the bullshit. Anytime a media outlet spews vomit from its anus into your brain, fight against, tell the people around you what YOU think, help spread good messages instead of the over sensationalized stereotype-enforcing media bullshit that's shoveled into our daily lives from every fucking direction.

Choice #2: Disregard the bullshit. Kill your tv, kill your radio, inform yourself.

8. Still only something like 28% of registered voters in Amerikkka vote in presidential elections...
    This is something that really pisses me off, everybody complains, but then they won't get off their fucking asses and fight or vote for change.

And I think what Alpha was trying to say is that it doesn't matter what country you live in, you're still going to be assaulted by the media.

9. You speech was good, only if it can be heard by more than just GC, something might spread I would think.
    Back to CoD4

10. You can find what you want in "The Lowers"
    You just gotta look ;)
    Off-Grid is a VERY big Commitment

11. WFMU!

It's freeform radio that kicks ass and plays sick music. They just smoke weed all day and drop mad acid while they broadcast. It's a nice change from all the terrible shit going on out there.

12. Dude I know exactly what you mean.........I've felt this way for years, I'm sick and tired of being told what do and even down to what to think, I can't pick up a newspaper without having their own political views rammed down my throat, and all we get is tax after tax after tax..........I just wanna be left alone, to my own device, far far away from civilisation, but if the worlds too small there's not much you can do.........there's still plenty of places left on earth to drop off the map, you can even do it here in Scotland, and we're like the size of 1/2 a state..........we only have 5 million people...............Peace out...........Sid

13. u havnt traveled much if u think there are no remote places in the lower 48.

ill sell u a solar panel

14. I have the same feeling at times. I live in Canada, so going off to some remote place to live would be rather easy, but in my mind that is not off the grid enough. Give me an Island in International waters, that would be freedom. :)

15. yes, it would be. but it would also be total isolation, are you really prepared for that?

16. It might not be total isolation, you never know, someone could think it was a good idea and decide to come with me. Even if it were (total isolation), it would not really bother me.

17. I pretty much live off the grid, although since there's not a damn thing to do out here, I do still watch TV and stuff.

I just disregard all the Hollywood bullshit, and laugh at those who lead their lives following the latest "scoop".

18. Move to the Netherlands.

19. I would avoid Europe completely. It seems to be a police state waiting to happen. :p lol

20. well i don't just mean companionship... i also mean no more AIM or grasscity :(

which reminds me, i need to rent castaway.