Dropped my iPhone in the toilet!

Discussion in 'General' started by renesis, Feb 19, 2009.

1. I just never take my iphone in the bathroom anymore, I constantly think, "what if..?"

So I just leave it in my pocket the majority of the time..

I also found out if you ever submerge an electronic in a liquid, NEVER FUCK WITH IT. Let it dry for a few days and try it again. Usually they die if you try to operate it when its not fully dried..

2. 4th?

holy shit lol

3. ^ totally true. i once dropped my nice video camera in the river. it floated for about a solid minute in the water...totally soaked. i immediately took out the battery, let it dry for 5 days in front of a fan, and it was good as new when i turned it back on. the key is patience. it's so tempting to want to see if it works or not, but you really just have to let it dry out 100% otherwise you'll short some important electrical connection.

4. I dunno dude. I've been using iPods for like 6 years now, and every iPod I had worked flawlessly for the time I had it. The only one that broke was my iPod video that I bought when they first came out, 2 years after. I had constantly left it in bitter cold (in my truck), and the headphone jack went out finally. I also own a Macbook Pro and that's always worked incredibly, even when I boot XP on it. I've always been satisfied with the products I've had.

5. add insurance to your bill and get a new one for 50$ att sucks though! verizon till death!

6. man that sucks, i hate breaking anything fancy like that. i still gotta get my sony ericsson w350 fixed... but woah 4th iphone? i've never broken anything and repurchased it that often since the days of my old gameboy color when i was a little kid... musta gone through like 5.

7. iPhones = art.

8. I lol'd because you reached in for it.

I'd have been like..."Swishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

9. :rolleyes:

10. sounds like you've had decent luck with your apple products, but you're one of the first people i've heard that from. i have talked to a lot of people (well, by a lot i mean like a dozen or so) all who have been through several i-products. for example, a good college friend is now on his 7th iPod because all of his previous ones were flawed in some way (not his fault). yet he will still argue to the death that they are the best product. needless to say, i give him plenty of shit about it and now he has had no choice but to admit that he is simply a pawn to their marketing gimicks. :)

11. this is why you don't buy a $500 dollar phone :rolleyes:

next time you guys get electronics wet, dunk em immediately in ISO and it will evaporate in a flash, and you're golden

12. Cant take a hint can you?

13. The iPhone: When wearing Ambercrombie and Fitch just doesn't make you cool enough.

14. [ame="http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1765295"]iPhone Parody #1 - CollegeHumor video[/ame]

[ame="http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1765297"]iPhone Parody #2 - CollegeHumor video[/ame]

15. ^Rofl.

Personally, I think apple is fine. I have the itouch and i've never had a problem with it. Still i don't 100 percent trust phones that are completely touchscreen. so i would never get an iphone. Plus verizon's just too good. i have service everywhere. and as many times as i've dropped my phone on the ground, in puddles, etc it didn't even phase it.

16. That's my #2 complaint about iPhones next to the battery. I can type emails or texts on my Moto Q 9c with one hand, without even looking if I have to. Great in airports especially when I'm dragging luggage around.

17. Well I'm stoned, so I figured I update you guys. I don't know why, but I get the urge to do shit while high. Anyway, I put my iPhone (which fell in clean water, still nasty as fuck though) in a bowl filled with 91% Alcohol for 60 minutes. And then my phone turned on while in the bowl!! After that I put her in a ziplock bag filled with rice, over the heat vent for a few days...

And it restored perfectly and worked perfectly! The screen has visible water damage, but is still very useable. Headphone jack works, microphone, speaker, touch screen,touch screen sensitivity, all the radio sinals. Overall I'm very happy, and I still have my job. As a matter of fact I just got off a few hours ago. :hello:

18. i took mine in my hot tub with me and after being dried out with a hairdryer it worked fine and still does. its the original, idk if that makes a difference

19. Doesn't anyone close the toilet lid anymore?

20. My English teacher did the same thing last year. He was always flaunting his new iPhone in class and stuff and then he came in one day like "i dropped it in the toilet" :(

he just bought another one though