drop your glass pipe? how to fix it.

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Hash Browns, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Thanks for the post. I found quiksteel at Walmart on clearance for $1. Fixed my bubbler where there was a clean break. Not exactly pretty but I will probably sand it down.

[​IMG]

2. that'll work... if you want cancer

3. #85 mikestory, Apr 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2013
    Lol yall so dumb there's no way that epoxy is going to melt and start smoking just by smoking out of your pipe unless your smoking nonstop lighter to it. And like another person said even if you heat it to 250 degrees your going to burn your damn fingers. It's freaking quick steel it's harder than concrete. I just now (around 5 minutes ago) put JB weld on my pipe and I'm letting it harden now. You gotta do what you gotta do right? I'll try to post pics later.

4. How rich would we be if we invented a non toxic glue for glass pipes that never broke.....money!

5. hey guys a little help im looking for something to replace a bowl with. I got a fancy nug jug and pipe mixed and the over all quality is decent except for the bowl which was paper thin for some reason and while loading the 2nd bowl into it the glass of the bowl just shatters. so I have no bowl in this pipe just one big hole. what can be substituted for the bowl and how can I make this new bowl permanent?

6. #88 rain dancer, Dec 7, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
    wow that huge post sucks lol

7. if you paid $70 for that pipe you can afford a brand new one.

8. :metal: Yeah Lets Dig up Posts over 3 years old i gotta get in on it before its closed :metal:  :yay: ​
    :bongin: :smoking:so yeah :confused_2:  (we need a dabber emote now)​

Anyway Personally if its a pipe dont buy an expensive one they all work the same (unless a chubbler or something like that) around where i live a one shop city has spoons for 10 bucks out the door. Also If your piece is large i have had a full 16 in piece break in half i took it to a local glass blower he fixed it and it cost $30 and was done while i waited to fix a $200+ piece. I live on the west coast though so idk but their are blowers all over.

Lastly unless you live in a crappy town (in case you should move if you can) go to your local Community college and take glass blowing depending on the school you might get lab time to use the equiptment and you might be able to sneak a small piece in there but if your learning its worth buying a torch (at that point its not like youneed a layth to make baddass stuff and hey it could make you money. You can make spoons with just a single torch)

IN ALL FIX GLASS WITH GLASS

Also they make glass specific joining compound too (ive used that to glue handles back on bowls but thats all as im not smoking the handle)

9. Yeah yeah, I know, I can buy a new one, but right at the tip of my bong I just got, it broke off into 2 pieces, they're fairly thick, I was just wondering if I should still use it? Will post pic if need be!

10. would this work for mine, perhaps?

Attached Files:

11. My glass pipes never cost more than 20 bucks. If I break it, I buy a new one.

12. #94 loverlily, Apr 16, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
    Caution
    just so you know the epoxy in this glue is bad for you----> "Hazards of Epoxy Fumes. ... When epoxy fumes are inhaled, they can affect the nose, throat, and lungs. Most symptoms from the inhalation of epoxy involve inflammation and therefore irritation of the nose, throat, and lungs. Repetitive and high amounts of exposure to these fumes can result in sensitization and asthma."<----
    smoke safe:pimp:- these emojis are so cool! -​

• Like Like x 1
  13. How did you fix it with the torch lighter

14. This is an old thread but if I break a glass piece I'm not trying to fix it. Just move on. I'm not risking using glue and all that crap. Glass is the best smoking method because it's not gonna give off fumes or melt or be dangerous yet you're adding all the dangerous stuff right back into it by trying to fix it.

15. I wanted to torch the hole shut not use any chemical

16. Ik but most other people are suggesting other stuff. That might work but you probably need the skills of a glass blower

17. bowl temp is normally under 200 degrees .