Drop to 8hrs of light in the last 2 weeks.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dedicated2urlove, Jun 26, 2016.

1. A fellow grower on here ordered some white widow seeds and I checked out the info on leafly just for kicks...

And I noticed on the growing info panel it said this

• Changing light cycle to 8 hours during the final 2 weeks of flowering prevents regrowth of buds; stress will induce better resin coverage.
    Is there any truth to this?

I've looked up doing doing less light, or more darkness, than 12hrs and everyone says it's not beneficial.

2 weeks is kind of awhile. Especially when you're trying to let it pack on weight at the end

2. I popped 6 white widows a few weeks back and also read this on leafly I didn't think much of it. I have a formula I use that works across the board but every plant is different. I'd like to know if anyone who had grown this in the past had dropped the light and not dropped the light has to say.
    I also wonder what greenhouse seed co has to say about the light drop.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. I wouldn't at all whatsoever. 12 hours is perfectly fine.

Damn misinformation on the Internet...

J

• Like Like x 2
  4. Yeah I'm thinking this is bunk. Dropping 4 hrs per day on the last 2 weeks I think would net you nothing. Maybe even be negative for the plant. I'm sure I'm not gonna be trying it out haha

5. Been growing feminized White Widow now for several years. There is no need to vary from the norm with this plant. Give it all the light it can stand and it will produce buds that will knock you in the dirt every time you smoke it. I've been smoking the strain for several years now too and it still kicks my butt every single time I partake. If it ain't broke, why fix it? The regular way works quite nicely and that would be a bit difficult to do if you have other plants flowering at different time frames and every plant is not ready at the same time. So....I would have to build yet another grow space to separate out the plants that are only going to need 8 hours lighting a day? I think not. This mess has already taken over my house and I dedicate no more space to it than what it already has. LOL TWW

• Like Like x 1
  6. I concur, seems pretty silly, DJ shorts article on diminishing hours on long long flowering strains was intresting.
    No one set flip etc.

• Like Like x 1