droopy

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SuperSizedNugz, Oct 11, 2013.

1. 1 of my 4 babies are starting to droop. It just started today. I gave it water and expected it to perk back up, yet it diddnt. Am i expecting way to fast of results, or does this look like something else?

also, any input on so-far's progress? soil pop @ 9-28, pic taken 10-10, under 1 125w CFL

Attached Files:

2. anybody? Its still like this today.

3. #3 Dread7Green, Oct 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2013
    I'm no pro but I'd say over watering is most likely your problem. They really don't look that bad to me though.

Wait until the cup is light when you pick it up to water again (compare a fully watered cup to a dry cup, you will quickly get the feel for it, it is very obvious). With mine this was anywhere from 2-3 days. These plants like their wet&dry cycles. Don't let it get dry to the point of wilting, just enough for the medium to dry out and let those roots get some oxygen.

Edit: Also make sure you have good drainage in those cups, can't tell in the pic if you do or not. You want a little bit of run off when watering to ensure you have saturated all the soil and that no excess is pooling at the bottom of the cup.

• Like Like x 2
  4. You are overwatering, its easy for beginners to overwater

I agree 100%.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Spot on ^^^

7. I stick my finger down a bit to make sure its dry before i water, so i was thinking it could be something else. Ill let it dry out and post back. i guess giving it a good drink was the wrong thing to do lol.Thanks for everyones help. I have 2 holes at the bottom. I just took a knife and cut at 45 degree angles so the holes are on the bottom and the sides.

• Like Like x 1
  8. hey guys, quick update. It looks like its drooping even more, and another one seems to be doing the same. I have them under this light below. Havent watered since friday when i posted this. Do you think maybe high humidity has something to do with it? It gets up to around 70% during lights off. also, do you think they might just need nutes? The soil is MG organic, this is only for another week or so, im going to get a better soilless mix from the hydro store soon so i can transplant into something decent. Any opinions or advice? [​IMG]

Attached Files:

9. #9 waktoo, Oct 14, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2013

Well, there ya' go!

"Organic" doesn't mean a fukn' thing nowadays.  Is it organic because it's made mostly of wood?

Have you considered mixing your own soil?

http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/1116550-easy-organic-soil-mix-beginners.html

If not, there are myriad bagged soils available on the market that are FAR superior to MG "soil".  You need to transplant out of that crap and into something better.

I'm curious.  Why not get/make decent soil to transplant into, rather than "a better soilless mix from the hydro store"?  A soilless mix requires chemical fertilizers.  Hydro-store-man wants your money.

10. everyone said MG organic is alright to use as long as its the organic kind, and thats all i had access too. 1, because i already had it from our veggie garden. 2, the nearest hydro store is 2 hours away. so i used what i had available for the time being. I wanted to get FF ocean forest or the roots organic soil/soilless mix. maybe i got it mixxed up. Id eventually like to go all organic like you said and not use bottled nutes, but thats going to take more research for me. Ill expiriment with different methods once i build my green thumb. Do you think the soil is my problem at the moment? How long do you think i got before they die? I wont be able to get to a hydrostore to get good dirt until atleast thursday.

11. The leaves are turning yellow. could it be ready for nutes?

Do you have any large DIY stores around where you live?  Like Home Depo, or Lowe's?  How about nurseries/garden centers?  Check there before making that long drive to the hydro' store.  I've read on several occasions that HD (at least) carries a good brand of potting soil (but not the one in my area!).  READ the ingredients of any potting soil that you buy, BEFORE you buy it.  It should contain several different kinds of amendments in it.  If it's mostly wood products, it's mulch, not soil.  Check that link on organic soil mixing that I posted.  A good bagged soil will contain many of the ingredients listed in that thread.

I don't want to give you advice on adding fertilizers with the "soil" that you're using.  It could complicate things even more.

Do you still have any of that MG "organic soil" left?  If so, what are the ingredients listed on the bag?

13. Yes i have those stores near by. I diddnt check them for soil, but i did check everywhere including nurseries for organic perlite and i couldnt find it anywhere. all i can find is the MG perlite with time released nutes. Thats why im thinking of just getting a bag of pre-mixxed soil. i think the roots organic kind is like 15 bucks a bag.

14. #14 waktoo, Oct 14, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
    "Organic perlite"? It's an amorphous volcanic glass. Leave it to Scott's MG to fuck up something as simple as a basic soil amendment! I doubt very seriously that you'll find any perlite labeled "organic". Just like the soils you will be looking at, check the ingredients. All it should say is "perlite".

Oh, another thing that I forgot to mention. I would NEVER buy any kind of soil that doesn't have an ingredients list on the bag. Never.

And don't forget to let your pots dry out/feel light before you water them!  ;)

15. well not nessecerily organic, but without nutes added. everyone said stay away from MG perlite. do you think more than likely the soil is the cause for the yellowing/drooping? Do you think its ready to begin a weak nute watering? The soil is very very dry so i planned on watering tonight. should i ad a little but of something? I have nectar of the gods full advanced line, and i also have dyna grow bloom, and AM hydro's Dark energy, super nova, and companion.

16. If the soil is very, very dry, you should definitely water.

I originally posted based upon the belief that your problems were related to overwatering. You're growing in "soil" (mulch?) that I would never use, and using chemical fertilizers to feed your plants, which I do not do either.

All I can say at this point is to transplant into some real soil. And wait...

17. okay thanks for being honest lol. Im going to go get a bag tomorrow.

18. They seem to be perking up. The leaves have definatly gotten bigger since last night. Most of the yellowing went away, and the real droopy one seems to be lifting up slowly and getting more bend back in its leaves instead of feeling brittle.

19. So now you wait. Don't go adding anything more until the plant adjusts and LOOKS LIKE IT NEEDS SOMETHING. You'll probably be good with just water for 3 weeks, at least. And DON'T OVERWATER!.

I'm glad to hear that things are looking better.  :)

• Like Like x 1