Droopy soft leaves and stem

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by kokinko, Oct 18, 2017.

1. #1 kokinko, Oct 18, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
    Hi I've got a royal dwarf that is in trouble. I watered it 4 days ago. I'm on day 35 Temperature is around 27C, I also have a fan. The other plants are doing fine. The only difference is that this plant is in a smaller pot then the others.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some leaves have some discoloration

[​IMG]

Any ideas? Any fixes?

2. Check the PH, could be nute lock out.

3. Checked the pH of the runoff water, it is around 7 I would say. Should I put it under the sink and let water run through it till the pH gets lower? What about adding some lemon juice in the water?

Sent from my MI 5s using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. How big is the pot ? And how long has it been in it ? If its a small pot it may be getting root bound. Droopy leaves yellowing which will in turn move to nute lock out.

5. The pot is 9L, it's in there since the first day. The plant is doing fine right now. After watering it only with water all the leaves got up. Maybe it didn't have enough water

Sent from my MI 5s using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. There are a number of things that will cause drooping. Cold shock. Over watering. Under waterjng.root bound and more no doubt

7. Did you ph ur tap water?

8. 6 to 7 is a massive range when it comes to PH. How are you measuring your PH?

Sent from my Cellular communication device using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. needs water!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I would repot it to a bigger container, if ur ph is 7 that's too high. Ph can cause all sorts 9 issues, on top of it could make it harder to diagnose deficiencies effectively. Do you have a water/feeding schedule? Do you water when ur plants need it or a schedule? A lot left out

11. I water the plant whenever the soil is dry, that means I'm watering it every 6 days give or take. I'm also giving it biobizz bloom and top-max, on my last watering I just gave it water without nutes.

I'm measuring with simple pH strips.

12. at 27 degrees, whats your humidity?

6 days seems like a long time between waterings, for your size of pot that is.

13. Yes around 27 degrees. I don't have a humidity meter, but I leave the growbox open so high humidity isn't an issue. Yeah I didn't think that I might have to water the smaller pot on a more regular basis compared to my other two plants that are in bigger pots and never had any issues like this one.

14. Look into a Silica product - ie: Potassium Silicate to add as a supplement. Almost every cannabis fertilizer has one. This will highly strengthen plant stems and will cause your plants to grow "bark" on the main stem which will also help as a pest deterrent. AN "RhinoSkin", Botanicare "Silica Blast", DynaGro "ProTekt" are a few; you can also buy powdered Potassium Silicate as a concentrate for cheap $$ and make your own for pennies.

Silica is one of the few additives that I use as an organic gardener - it is approved for organic food production. You will notice a big difference over not using one - it also helps your stalks hold up fatter nugs.

J

15. Lets make this easy:

7 PH is fine. Optimal level is between 5.8-6.2
    You are not watering it enough you should water in the least every 2-3 days. Your'e right that you don't need to worry it as much but the amount of days your watering it too long.

DO NOT JUST RUN WATER THROUGH THE POT. If there is a nute lock out then flush but not like that. Your'e supposed to do it gradually every 15 mins or so, then check the run off and verify that the runoff is the same as the PH balanced water your flushing it with. Doing this will confirm that there are no nutes in the soil.

• Like Like x 1