Droopy plants

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by nickythagreek, Nov 11, 2015.

1. So I noticed something a little weird and I'm wondering if anyone has a theory. I have a late-season soil plant flowering right now, and I noticed it got droopy the last two times I fed it. I usually just dilute some of my hydro nutes (gh flora nova series) and water with that once a week. It has worked out nicely on this grow.

Most recently, I fed two days ago and noticed the plant was drooping pretty hard yesterday. I know for a fact that I didn't over water - even if I did, the smart pot usually corrects that pretty quickly. So I let it go just in case I had. Noticed it was still pretty droopy today when I got home from work and the soil had dried up pretty well, so I gave it some regular clean water. After doing so, that baby perked right back up within a few minutes.

Has anyone ever witnessed this? What I am wondering is what exactly was causing it to droop like that? There were no signs of nutrient burn or anything along those lines so I don't think I over did it. I usually just put 1 tsp nutes per gallon of water (flora nova grow during veg, fn bloom during flower) and i never had any problems before. Thoughts?

2. Possibly root bound? Not holding enough water it seems. I've had plants start to do this when root bound.

3. Maybe there is a build up of salts causing pH fluctuation. Normal water perhaps neutralized your soil some?

My plants were droopy when I was putting too much molasses in their teas which screwed with the pH. When I began watering again with straight water the drooping went away.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

4. It's not holding water for whatever reason. I would guess it was root bound.

5. It's in a 5 gallon smart pot and I planted it in early August when the temps began to go down. I topped it a few times so it is only a little over a foot tall with about ten tops. The main stem is only about as thick as a pencil, so I don't think it is root bound.

6. ...plus now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure the roots would grow through the sides of the smart pot before it would become root bound.