Droopy plant?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by sgibb, Mar 10, 2009.

1. #1 sgibb, Mar 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2009
    I noticed yesterday my plant was getting sort of droopy now this morning it looks even worse any suggestions? Im using soil and 2 150 watt equivalent CFL's and a 40 watt tube flourescent.

Attached Files:

2. Well i think i overwatered 2 days ago after i returned from being away for a few days. She is starting to do worse any tips to help dry the soil out some?

3. You cant really give too much water,just water too often... What size pot are they in? How much water did/do you give?

Also, 150 equivelents are only 42w.... I'd recomend adding 2 more 2700k, warm white bulbs. Are the bulbs your using in flower the same as used in veg?

4. #4 Mboko, Mar 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2009
    I like lots of light. It makes it easier to see.

5. you dont need a HPS for good results... If you add a few more CFLs you will be very happy with the results

6. #6 sgibb, Mar 10, 2009
    It is in a 3 liter water bottle that has the top cut off(i know not the best pot but she was given to me after it started flowering so i didnt want to disrupt it with a transplant), i pretty much just watered it til some water came out of the bottom. The plant was vegged on just the 40watt tube then given to me and i added the other 2 lights. She is starting to look brown on some of the top leaves would ph hurt her this bad over a 2 day period? If so how can i turn her around before all is lost she is looking pretty bad now.

7. Just took this pic

Attached Files:

8. Thanks for the help, she was looking so good up until yesterday her condition is deteriorating very quickly i might just try planting it in a bigger bucket that i have to save her if i cant find a good answer.

9. how many weeks has she been flowering... not sure about transplanting... might stress it more

10. its been flowering for around 4-5 weeks it would suck to lose her now, id rather at least try to save it by transplanting than just continue to watch it shrivel up and die

11. yea that would suck...to me it looks like underwatering... did you water it today? about how much water did you give it and days between watering?

12. #13 sgibb, Mar 10, 2009
    i was going to water it today but the soil was just soaked still, so i poured a small amount in and some came out of the bottom immediately. I usually water it every 2-3 days as needed but i went away for 3 days and it was pretty dry when i got back so i just watered it til water came out of the bottom. i was reading in some of the stickies that overwatering can look just like underwatering because of lack of oxygen for the roots if i recall correctly

13. if you pick it up does it feel light? as compared to when you first water it

after 3 days I would think it need to be watered... mine are in much larger pots but about every 2-3 days I soak it

14. If i pick it up right now it feels heavy like i just watered. It usually feels lighter by the time i go to water it again.

15. wish I could be more help.... hopefully one of the guys will get back to you with some input

16. Yeah i posted in the thread you suggested but he isnt online right now. If i dont get any resposes in a few hours im going to go ahead and transplant and mix up the wet soil with some dry because im pretty sure i overwatered, i dont think i would have a ph problem all of a sudden i always just use water from the tap.

17. either over or under watered, or root bound, look in the drain holes for roots

18. If it has been continually over watered, you could have the beginnings of root rot. This is a tough condition to remedy, especially if the roots are damaged to the point of not being able to uptake water/nutes. You could try hitting it with an enzyme product or a vermi-tea (worm tea), and hope that it will fight the pathogens that are destroying the roots. You also should try to get the soil dried out as soon as you treat the problem. i've successfully treated over watered plants before with Hygrozyme and also had success with vermi-tea, but I've also lost a few too. It is a lesson well learned about over watering. Hope you get it figured out.

19. Hey... just wanted to check back and see how shes doin