Droopy Leaves

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by HighBaked, Jul 26, 2013.

1. So I have noticed that my plant's leaves have been exceptionally droopy over the last 4-5 days. I presumed it was over watering, but this is my first grow and not too sure. Like the Tooth Fairy, these droopy leaves have made an overnight appearance and then never left.

Attached Files:

• j.jpg
      j.jpg
      File size:
      97.6 KB
      Views:
    • k.jpg
      k.jpg
      File size:
      122.8 KB
      Views:
    • l.jpg
      l.jpg
      File size:
      119.7 KB
      Views:
  2. #2 TheAnswer121, Jul 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2013
    soil still looks pretty wet. let it dry out almost completely (1-2 inches below surface) before watering again. then only moisten soil around plant, don't drench it. could be a temp/rh issue but more than likely just too much water

3. Insanely quick reply! ha. Good news then. About two days ago I actually planted it in new soil and jw if that would have anything to do with it? 

4. #4 TheAnswer121, Jul 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2013
    doubtful. while it may take a day or 2 to recover, if shocked during transplant, it would only slow growth. just let her dry out and she'll perk right back up.

5. Ensure you have large drain holes in the bucket, big enuf to stick your member thru, 5-6 is good.

next time ensure you have some perlite or similar to reduce root compaction and encourage aero activity.

Depending on temperature, onlt water when top 1/2 inch is dry

Never a good idea to grow in a metal bucket, fucks up the plants navigation, yes plants navigate ....dah! 

6. #6 Gcwishmaster, Jul 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2013
    I have the same problem, I have two phenos, one c99 that looks great but it might stop growing for a few days and one blue thai and this is the one that has droopy leaves...Temps are Arround 79-82, humidity at 42-46. at day 7 (a little smaller then the one in the pic)...I assumed i was because of over watering but left it dry for couple days and still hasn't recover...could it be stress?(from messing too much with the fans in the grow room)

7. So after reading a couple of more threads i decided to look at the roots....flipted the cup carefuly, slightly moist soil, and tansfer it in what it looks like a 1.5 galon or so ...the roots were everywhere they were trying to extend there space....so 1 week in the cup was too much....tomorrow i m gonna move the C 99 in a bigger pot too.

8. The leaves have now turned more yellowish than green on the lower canopy. Is this still from overwatering? Or should I further be concerned?

9. Im having the same exact problems with mine!!!!!

10. #10 Gcwishmaster, Jul 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2013
    I transplanted them like I said .... i m about to water the blue thai, but she already bounced back! which I m happy to see...it needed more room for the roots...now my question is Why did the roots grow so fast? I ve seen journals with vegetation in party cups up to two weeks much larger than mine....must be either something to do with light or temperature...can anyone advize?

11. #11 Gcwishmaster, Jul 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2013
    don't quote me but that my be a nute def.(it would probabily be good to post what kind of soil you have there)

12. @ everyone complaining about yellowing leaves:

Yellow is N deficiency.

Droop is stress; likely from lack of oxygen.

If your plants are big and were put in bad soil, consider starting nutes. Start at low ppms and work your way up. Read up on feeding schedules.

If your plants are small and/or in good soil then you are overwatering, or the pH is not in the correct range (6.2-6.7)

@ OP

its a small plant, likely the plant is killing off those leaves and sucking the nutes out of it - this is likely because of the overwatering causing a N deficiency scare in the plant. If you keep conditions healthy the plant should not yellow more higher up, but those leaves are lost. Dont start nutrients yet, transplant into more aerated soil if you want.

@[member="Gcwishmaster"]

Roots grow quickly in drying conditions, ideally with the core drying first. This causes the roots to expand outward searching for water. This is a good thing, and you want to encourage it and short intervals between transplants to get the biggest girls in flowering; once in their final pots the shoots (above ground) will catch up with the root growth during the flowering stretch.

Keeping the soil too wet will retard root expansion and lead to smaller and more compact plants.

13. As an old hand here at GC, I am only too aware that online post count does not relate to hard earned experience, in growing Mj or solving its never ending issues, the advice I offer is from hard earned experience, and I don't mind admitting that when I'm in doubt, I quote Jorge Cervantes, from his book ."Marijuana Horticulture Medical Growers Bible" ..if you can then get a copy, best book ever and stops the constant doubt that plagues many new and old growers

Right now should you be having issues, is best to flush your plant with 3x times the volume of the pot with Ph neutral..air temperate water, allow to recover in dim light for 1x day, then resume, but no nutes for 2 weeks or until you see an active recovery underway

Then feed at 1/2 strength, gradually raising to 100% within 2-4 weeks

14. Thanks alot, I admire not only your honesty,but also your humbleness as well. It should be noted that I have never at any point added any nutes,fert,etc to my plant......so could that be the issue? Or root bound?

15. @[member="1sttimegrower"] Thank you!

16. Please complete this 'form' so the guys and I may help, I don't like hijacking other guys posts, as your condition may be  similar  as HighBaked's(op) but resulting in a completely different diagnosis

http://forum.grasscity.com/sick-plants-problems/226015-when-posting-your-sick-plants-questions.html

Please complete this 'form' so the guys and I may help, I don't like hijacking other guys posts, as your condition may be  similar  as HighBaked's(op) but resulting in a completely different diagnosis
    http://forum.grasscity.com/sick-plants-problems/226015-when-posting-your-sick-plants-questions.html

18. So Im pretty sure now that my plant is suffering a nitrogen defficiency....whats the best way to correct this? Best brand? How much how often etc?

19. #20 Gcwishmaster, Jul 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2013
    here they are second watering after transplant...and what you have n the other picture is right before the transplant.
    As you look at them c99 on the left( always perky and healthy ) and blue thai on the right-now you have the first set of leaves o the bottom a little droopy...they might not recover(still the look healthy-color wise and texture)

Attached Files: